PDA

View Full Version : California Bakersfield meet

idbirdman
12-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Just wondering if anyone is planning on going to the California meet coming up in January? Thank Stephen

EricADugan
12-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Stephan,
I will be there for sure, booked my rooms this week. There will be a small group of us from Ontario coming up. We are planning on hawking our way up there. Are you going?
Eric

idbirdman
12-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey Eric, I will for sure be there. I was at the last one at Topaz Lake, NV. It was a lot of fun even though there wasn't a whole bunch of good flights for a falcon. I hear that Bakersfield will be great for that. I am a vendor and will have a bunch of stuff for sale. What are you and your friends flying? Thanks STephen

EricADugan
12-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Stephan,
I will be heading up and flying a RT along with another guy who has a recently trapped PFRT. There will be 6 Harris hawks in the group along with a FPer and a Hybrid falcon. Should be a good time. Several in the group know the area well, so hood hawking should not be hard. I will plan on getting out with you for some falcon hunting. See you there.
Eric

ProteinChemist
12-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey Eric,

I'm in LA but I have friends in Ontario. I read your group is going. Would you mind if I came along with you (in my own car) to see your birds in action and hang out? I am completely new to this. Feel free to email me. Oh yeah and if you want to meet up before, that's cool too. I come to Ontario/Claremont every once in a while.

Thanks,
Miranda

idbirdman
12-29-2008, 09:50 PM
I am planning on going to the California Bakersfield meet coming up January 14 and returning on the 18th. I am looking for some one to share expenses with and drive with me down to California. If any one is interested please let me know. There will be room for a birds and possibly a dog. Thanks Stephen 208-681-5495

ckaiser
01-05-2009, 03:35 PM
For those of you going to the CA meet, don't forget that the AZ meet is the next week, only a 4 hour drive from the CA meet. Plenty of game in Kingman this year, so plan to take an extra week and come to the wide open spaces of northern AZ!

Come early and enjoy the desert!

Details available at:
http://www.azfalconersassoc.org

See you there!

Charlie Kaiser
Vice President
AZ Falconers Association