PDA

View Full Version : Comments Needed - Delisting Tundra Peregrine in Texas

Eagle Owl
12-28-2008, 11:23 AM
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is currently seeking public comment concerning the removal of the Arctic Peregrine from the state threaten list. Please take the time to go to the link listed below, read what the state proposes and why and then click the "I Agree" button and add your own comments supporting the removal of the Arctic peregrine from the state threatened list.

The comment process is very easy to do and will only take a few minutes. Now is your time to be part of this historical event.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/feedback/public_comment/proposals/200901_threatened_endangered_rules.phtml

Tiercel78
12-28-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm done!
Hey Brandi, Has TPWD asked for any other imput or had any meetings concerning passage take? I know Florida is already had meetings with with the FFWCC and they have been asking for imputs for the passage take plan to hand into the feds.

Eagle Owl
12-28-2008, 11:44 AM
The FRC (Falconry and Raptor Council) is in constant contact with TPWD. They meet several times a year and this has been the topic of discussion for a while! It looks good that we will have take for the 2009 trapping season!!!

Tiercel78
12-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Well I hope that when falconers do submit their inputs that they think about what they are asking for. I've seen some dumb inputs put in for the passage peregrine take in Florida. Remember we are delisting this bird because the population can support itself and falconers would not have an impact on them period. We have to refrain putting this bird on a pedestal. There shouldn't be any more regulation on this bird than any other bird. I've just seen some very selfish imputs that falconers submitted that the FFWCC was considering.

Eagle Owl
12-28-2008, 12:04 PM
I agree, Zach! The same can be said for adopting the new regs. I think we need to adopt the federal regs as is, but I have seen comments by some that want MORE regulations! Frustrating...we are our own worst enemy!!!!!

longbow
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Done! Thanks for bringing this up Brandi, I had no idea it was there.

Flatwater Falconer
03-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Done.

Best of luck with this.