PDA

View Full Version : Desert Hawking Classic Kingman, AZ

ckaiser
01-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi folks. The AZ Falconers Association is hosting the Desert Hawking Classic in Kingman, AZ Jan 22-25th. It's a good game year in Kingman, with cottontail, jacks, and quail available in decent numbers.
Hotel rooms are available at reasonable rates ($42). There will be a free Friday BBQ lunch. The banquet speaker will be Tom Smylie talking about Island falcons. As usual, a good raffle will be held at the banquet.
Meet registration is free, and the banquet costs should be in the $30-$40 range.
More info is available at http://www.azfalconersassoc.org. The AZ meet is always an excellent gamehawking meet, so we hope to see you there!

Charlie Kaiser
Vice President
AZ Falconers Association

Saluqi
01-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Charlie,

Welcome to NAFEX! This is Paul Domski in NM. How much are AZ hunting licenses?

ckaiser
01-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Hey, Paul; long time no talk! How's things?

All the info about out-of-state licenses is available here:
http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/licenses.shtml

Licenses are available at Walmart (and some other sporting good stores) and at AZ GFD offices.

PS: Any idea whatever happened to Dave Biddinger? Last time I saw him he was in ABQ, but still in the USAF so traveling a lot. Lost track of him after that...

Roper
01-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Paul
I beleive the costs are as follows

3 day lic $61.25 non res only
general lic
Res $32.25
Non Res $151.25
AZ water fowl stamp $8.75
Fed water fowl stamp $15.00
hope that helps.

Roper
01-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Charlie
glad u posted the meet ..

ckaiser
01-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi all. I've got the final update for the meet. Registration is FREE, banquet is only $30. I can guarantee this will be the best meet food around for the price. BBQ Tri-tip, chicken, beans, rice, all the fixin's, dessert and wine.

I'd post a flyer here, but I don't seem to be allowed to post attachments. All the info should be up on the AFA website by tomorrow, though. www.azfalconersassoc.org (http://www.azfalconersassoc.org).

I'll be at the CHC meet for the next 5 days, but any of the directors on the website can answer questions for you too.

Did I mention that gamehawking is GOOD in Kingman this year?

Come on down...

Roper
01-14-2009, 11:26 AM
ck
I think you can post an attachment, ask Wes or Krys L ,, or Brandi (HawkOwl) how to do it i beleive she posted the Texas meet
Hopefully I can make it.
david s MN

borderhawk
01-20-2009, 11:46 PM
We reserved a room for friday and saturday nights with two beds and only need one of them, so if anyone needs a roomshare we've got it. sparveriusjess@yahoo.com

frootdog
01-21-2009, 01:29 AM
DESERT HAWKING CLASSIC 2009
January 22 - 25, 2009
Kingman, AZ
Best Value Inn
3100 E Andy Devine Ave
Kingman, AZ 86401
Reservations: 928-753-6262

Room rate is $42 (plus pet fee of $5 per night for dogs or larger – birds are no additional cost) Mention that you are with the AZ Falconers Association when making reservations. There are a limited number of rooms available at this rate!

Banquet speaker – Tom Smylie – “Isle Of The Falcon”
Come and see Tom’s presentation on trapping falcons in the Caribbean.
Banquet is Saturday night – cost is $30 (kids 3 and under free)

Falconry administrators from AZ GFD will speak with us on Friday at 5 PM about any topics of interest, including the new federal regulations and how they may affect AZ falconers.
Apprentice Workshop presented by John Bostwick Friday at noon – free to all! Perfect for apprentices and pre-apprentices as well.
Plenty of local gamehawking available. Game is up in Kingman this year! Bunnies, jacks, and quail abound. Bring your birds and fly ‘em hard!

-- Free Friday lunch BBQ at the meet hotel --
And of course, the Saturday night raffle!
Meet registration is free, but donations to AFA will be gladly accepted!

Note: For a donation higher than $5 please change the quantity in the shopping cart, e.g. for a $20 donation change quantity to "4". Saturday Banquet and 2009 Membership$55 Saturday Banquet only$30 Donation$5

Vendor space will be available at no charge. Please notify us ASAP if you are planning to attend as a vendor so we can plan space for you.

For more info call: 928 692 2533
email vp@azfalconersassoc.org (vp@azfalconersassoc.org)

frootdog
01-21-2009, 01:30 AM
I'd post a flyer here, but I don't seem to be allowed to post attachments. All the info should be up on the AFA website by tomorrow, though. www.azfalconersassoc.org (http://www.azfalconersassoc.org).

ck
I think you can post an attachment, ask Wes or Krys L ,, or Brandi (HawkOwl) how to do it i beleive she posted the Texas meet
Hopefully I can make it.
david s MN

Like the post above?