PDA

View Full Version : Forum standards and leadership

Zarafia
01-16-2009, 10:32 PM
It has to be really tough sticking to your guns with all the strong feelings expressed on a falconry forum.
But all in all Im pretty impressed at how this forum is managed.
It has fewer moderators than almost any other forum I see. Yet things stay remarkably civil here.
Yeah, I sometimes dissagree about threads that get closed, but Im not responsible for keeping things under controll here.
So instead of getting bitchy (as is my tendency to do LOL) I just want to say that I think you guys (Mods, admin) do better than I would keeping things running smoothly here.
I also think there are about the best members here as well, that has to help.

Good job guys. Thank you

Ross.Spafford
01-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I agree, great job.

Dirthawking
01-17-2009, 01:48 AM
You guys rock!!

peaceefirstsclapprockon

KidK
01-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys.. We all take our turns and do our best to keep things civil and polite. Best of all, 99% of you all do too! Makes for an easy time.

I'll say this, Chris and his webbies make this THE BEST forum for ease of use and options around. It is the model for all others. It costs money to make (and keep) a forum good like this and Chris isn't afraid to put his hard earned $$$$ into this.

Thanks for a great site Chris!

gengis
01-17-2009, 05:41 PM
i like very much this forum.courtesy and thoughtful thinking costs nothing.we all have our own opinions but the one thing we have in common is to see falconry survive into the future.keep up the great work.regards bill.clapp

Roper
01-17-2009, 07:20 PM
You know I have about had it with all of this touchy feely make everybody feel good about the other guy stuff. What ever happened to real men anyways.. I mean when men were men and woman were woman ..
since were on the subject . there are a few things I have been meaning to tell you moderators about they way you run this place.... boxinggbox2

Sorry i was having a moment there guys, just give me a second to get myself together ... I feel better now.. just kidding . you fellas are doing a fine jobtoungeout

Mitchellbrad
01-17-2009, 07:23 PM
You know I have about had it with all of this touchy feely make everybody feel good about the other guy stuff. What ever happened to real men anyways.. I mean when men were men and woman were woman ..
since were on the subject . there are a few things I have been meaning to tell you moderators about they way you run this place.... boxinggbox2

Sorry i was having a moment there guys, just give me a second to get myself together ... I feel better now.. just kidding . you fellas are doing a fine jobtoungeout

Wanna hug? If you do I'm the wrong guy to ask for it.

Everything seems to be Okey dokey here.

Roper
01-17-2009, 07:26 PM
If i could go hawking I wouldnt be so damn emotional......
wind 30+ today and the windchill 4 above .. hope to be headed south by the end of next week.
going to load up the horses , hawks and dog , go ropin, hawkin, and eatin and ... you get the px

Mitchellbrad
01-17-2009, 07:52 PM
If i could go hawking I wouldnt be so damn emotional......
wind 30+ today and the windchill 4 above .. hope to be headed south by the end of next week.
going to load up the horses , hawks and dog , go ropin, hawkin, and eatin and ... you get the px

Same way here. I'm not amused by this weather, one bit!!! I've got the best flying gyrkin I've ever had in my life and can't fly him but once a week. Evil mood comes to mind right now and it's snowing again. Went into town today. They have 30 foot piles of snow shoved up against places.

If the wind would quit I'd strap on the snow shoes and go for a walk. Might do that anyway.

wesleyc6
01-17-2009, 09:15 PM
:D Thanks guys(welc)

Roper
01-17-2009, 11:16 PM
nobody was talking to you Wes!!!! oops sorry there i go again ,, just give me a second .... there; I am all better now... Im going to go have some Tea and get in touch with my inner self. I am going to go watch a sky trial vidio.. and sit on the couch...just pullin your chain....toungeout frus;)
really enjoy this with not flying and all .

voslerdo
01-17-2009, 11:53 PM
You guys are awesome! Thanks for doing a thankless job! ...I do miss Bill though.

Shungar
01-18-2009, 06:32 AM
I enjoy reading the threads on this forum alot,this is a good site, primarily an american way of doing things( falconry) wich makes a change for me to read and as they say variety is the spice of life,it does seem a good bunch of people.
Maybe becouse there is no bitching etc as its not a UK based falconry forum?!amennn

KidK
01-18-2009, 08:54 AM
You guys are awesome! Thanks for doing a thankless job! ...I do miss Bill though.

Scott, Thanks.

Bill is welcome here, as long as he can be respectful and play nice. No one told him to leave.

I too miss his posts. Maybe I'll catch up with him in South Dakota some day..

Saluqi
01-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Scott, Thanks.

Bill is welcome here, as long as he can be respectful and play nice. No one told him to leave.

I too miss his posts. Maybe I'll catch up with him in South Dakota some day..

Hell, Bill's still here, I've seen Outhawkn reading threads! He just likes to be a bit more controversial than the tolerance level.

Roper
01-19-2009, 01:23 AM
so .....whats wrong with bill?

tony123abc
01-19-2009, 01:28 AM
He decided that he did not like the restrictions of politics/religion and so on. So he decided he won't post anymore. tony

kimmerar
01-19-2009, 03:51 AM
I sure do miss your post Bill - I guess I missed where you got upset. I don't usually read the politics and religion stuff. I would rather read about hawking stuff.

Chris L.
01-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words. It helps to know others do appreciate the forums and what we all do to make it a great place. I really do enjoy keeping the forums going and keeping the software up to date.

I would like to thank the members the most for making NAFEX what it is. We ( mods) just help do a little policing here and there, for the most part it is you guys who make it what it is.

Thank you again for this thread,

Chris

Roper
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
I see ..some times it just pays to watch and listen.. does this always have to be about hawking..amennn I couldnt help myself I just had to put that in there.:D just trying to keep things lite .. bud lite , no that isnt what I meant either .. jeese I gotta get out and go hawking. I did for about an hour I snuck out in between meetings today . My bird was a little heavy and I thought great I am going to miss the next meeting she eventually came down. birds are beginning to act a little wierd

FredFogg
01-20-2009, 11:42 PM
birds are beginning to act a little wierd

What's that phrase....."Calling the kettle black" or something like that? LOL toungeout:D