PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from DE

RedTailChik
01-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Hello Everyone! I am a pre-apprentice from Delaware getting ready to take my test in a few weeks. I couldn't be more excited to fly a red tail this fall after bunnies and squirrels!!! I have been out hunting with as many falconers that were willing to let me tag along and just got back from my first Pennsylvania meet. All I can say is.... I got it bad, the disease called falconry that is.

rtsqrlMelissa

Bryant Tarr
01-19-2009, 03:50 PM
(welc)

Hi Melissa, sounds to me like you have your head screwed on straight! Great that you have been out hawking and to a meet and that you are going in with your eyes open to what falconry really is! Lots to learn, but it is a fun, and endless ride.

Raptorick
01-19-2009, 03:52 PM
(welc)Keep us posted.

What will you be hunting? Squirrels where you live?

everetkhorton
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
(welc)Melissa, you are on the right track, going to meets and meeting falconers. Good luck on your test. The best thing for the falconry bug is to get a bird and get hunting.;) I would guess that your trapping season is over so that will give you lot of time to get ready for your new arrival in the fall. Keep us posted on your progress. There is a lot of good information in the old post.

Ken S.
01-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi Melissa... it was nice meeting you and your husband for some rabbit hawking (with Bill, Ted, etc.). Too bad I missed you guys at the PA meet. Good luck with the test, I'm sure you'll do fine.

See you around...

zx2run
01-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey Melissa. Glad to see that u found your way here.

Agapeace
01-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Welcome to NAFEX. Good luck on tour test. Im in the same spot u are, chompin at the bit to take the next step......What resources have you been using to study.

RedTailChik
01-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Of course the obligatory North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks, Liam's Red-Tail Hawk book, plus any other worthwhile website.

primos
01-28-2009, 11:53 AM
and what about me..i see how it is...i'm not even a resource worth mentioning huh? next multiflora bush i see i'm throwing you in it squirt!

ej boxingg

Chris L.
02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Melissa,
Welcome to NAFEX.

Keep us posted on your exam. I am sure you will do great.

looking forward to hearing about your first bird please keep us informed on your progress.

again Welcome to NAFEX

redtailflyer
02-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Welcome Melissa! Good luck on your test and have fun beginning falconry. It is amazing :)

GONEHAWKN
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
howdy all!! first post here from Maryland. Melissa got out with myself and a few others a couple of week-ends ago on a private farm in Monkton. i am quite sure she will do great on her test. i was listening to her talk to someone that is not a Falconer. that person had lots of questions and a camcorder going and she gave very good answers!! i hope you had a good time Melissa!! and i hope that my hawk put on a good performance!!

zx2run
03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Welcome to the forum Gonehawkn.