PDA

View Full Version : Poster of Krys' 2008 hawking year

Kenn Filkins
01-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Here is a poster I created using pics from Krys' amazing 2008 year...

We're donating a personally designed falconry poster (24x36 inches) as a raffle item for '09 THA Meet... This is NOT the raffle item but a sample of what your poster may look like. It is actually a museum-quality print that will last 100 years....

Below, is the text of the poster....

979 in 2008
Boo - passage female sharp shinned hawk - 54 total head
Turbo Dog - eyas female cooper's hawk - 548 total head
Dingus - captive bred male Harris' Hawk - 366 total head
Eggnog - captive bred male Harris' Hawk - 11 total head
979 total head of game from 1/1/08 to 12/31/08
Krys Langevin
Sagniaw, Texas

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/jaakmerlin/Krys4nafex.jpg

jballone
01-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Nice work Kenn! clappclappclapp

frootdog
01-26-2009, 06:39 AM
Kenn actually came up with the idea of using my 2008 calendar year as a poster idea. He pitched me the idea and told me what to send him. I did as instructed and this is the final draft after a redo. I can't express for anyone wanting to do this how simple the procedure is and how easy Kenn is to work with. He also put this together VERY quickly. I am impressed to say the least.

Takasho
01-26-2009, 12:01 PM
That's awesome. I could see lots of falconers wanting something like that.

Chris L.
01-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Ken

great work. clapp I have to agree with Isaac!

Ken did the NAFEX decals and they are top notch. If anyone wants one done ken does fantastic work

hey Ken did you ever get that para cord i sent?

Kenn Filkins
01-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Krys,

I will ship your falconry poster tomorrow, Jan. 30th. USPS Priority Mail...

It will come in a shipping tube.

Let me know when you get it!

frootdog
01-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Krys,

I will ship your falconry poster tomorrow, Jan. 30th. USPS Priority Mail...

It will come in a shipping tube.

Let me know when you get it!

Will do. Thanks.

Heatherg
01-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Kenn, If I just wanted to have you do one of those as a gift....what would it cost.....what/how do you want the pics?? Etc....
Thanks

Roper
01-30-2009, 05:41 PM
well thanks heather I will be looking forward to ittoungeout
didnt think I would find my way to a computer down here in the back woods of lousianna did ya. ya know they have public libraries down here!!!
and they have computers. heat and running water tooo...
dont yaall go gettin bent out of shape here , weez just funnin with ya..

Heatherg
01-30-2009, 05:46 PM
didnt think I would find my way to a computer down here in the back woods of lousianna did ya. ya know they have public libraries down here!!!

HAHAHA!!!! They let you in the public????toungeout Oh yeah....kenny left you a message on my thread...ya gotta check it out....he was pretty proud of himself!
Don't hold your breath on the poster.....But it just might be somethin in the future!:D

Roper
01-30-2009, 05:55 PM
i recieved a text message from him today one with an american flag etc.. I have no idea how to forward it so I just sent him back "Yes" on my phone..
I will try to find your thread keep your head down..with the previous stuff.
I am sure you are aware I am going to pick up Iona (john A bird ) from buddy when I head home at least that is the tennative plan..1.. dont have a trans box but I am sure we will work something out..

wesleyc6
01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
I deleted the argumentative stuff. You guys can go at it in private if you want. boxinggbox2box2box2boxingg

Gamehawker UK
02-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Here is a poster I created using pics from Krys' amazing 2008 year...

We're donating a personally designed falconry poster (24x36 inches) as a raffle item for '09 THA Meet... This is NOT the raffle item but a sample of what your poster may look like. It is actually a museum-quality print that will last 100 years....

Below, is the text of the poster....

979 in 2008
Boo - passage female sharp shinned hawk - 54 total head
Turbo Dog - eyas female cooper's hawk - 548 total head
Dingus - captive bred male Harris' Hawk - 366 total head
Eggnog - captive bred male Harris' Hawk - 11 total head
979 total head of game from 1/1/08 to 12/31/08
Krys Langevin
Sagniaw, Texas

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/jaakmerlin/Krys4nafex.jpg

Wow some season you have had there.

Regards

Carl

frootdog
02-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks. I got the poster the other day Kenn. It looks great. Now I just have to get a giant frame for it.

Kenn Filkins
02-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks. I got the poster the other day Kenn. It looks great. Now I just have to get a giant frame for it.

Krys,

The best affordable frames are from Kmart and they are wooden frames...

Around $17 each.

I'm glad you like the poster.

Regards,

kenn

Roper
02-10-2009, 11:27 PM
i am a little confused , that doesnt take much some times .. what is the point of the poster other than braggin rights.. dont mean to offend I just dont quite get it. It is very nicely done though!!!
assume px I dont care who took them.. explain???

Eagle Owl
02-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Those are all pictures of Krys' bird that he has flown this season. The point is two fold...one, a nice collection of pictures of his birds. And two, bragging for a totally awesome season that Krys had! How many other falconers do you know fly almost 365 days a year and rack up almost 1000 game in the bag. I kinda think he has a right to brag!:D

frootdog
02-10-2009, 11:50 PM
what is the point of the poster other than braggin rights.. dont mean to offend I just dont quite get it. It is very nicely done though!!!
assume px I dont care who took them.. explain???

First of all David the poster was not my idea. Ken approached me with the idea and asked if I would be OK with it. It is mainly to show everyone what he can do/ what he has to offer. A drum up business kind of thing.

Secondly I am NOT ashamed of my head count. EVER. I fly my birds every day. I rarely take even one day off. My birds are well conditioned and I fly them at the proper weight and everything that happens after that is mearly a result of the dedication I put into the birds.

Why the poster? I'm damn proud of my birds and this is a great way to commemorate one helluva year.:D

frootdog
02-11-2009, 02:34 AM
Kenn, If I just wanted to have you do one of those as a gift....what would it cost.....

what is the point of the poster other than braggin rights..

Seems to me you want one. ;)

Kenn Filkins
02-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Heatherg
Kenn, If I just wanted to have you do one of those as a gift....what would it cost.....

Heather,

Sorry I missed your post and request for information.

I usually sell the posters for $99 plus $8 shipping for 36x24 poster.

But would make one for $59 plus $8 shipping.

You send the digital pics 6 to 8 inches wide at 212 dpi and I'll work up a poster proof then send it to you via email.

You can email me at fotos@filkinsfoto.com.

This is our price for all NAFex members....

Regards,

outhawkn
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Secondly I am NOT ashamed of my head count. EVER. I fly my birds every day. I rarely take even one day off. My birds are well conditioned and I fly them at the proper weight and everything that happens after that is mearly a result of the dedication I put into the birds.

Good Job..........

Kenn Filkins
02-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Chris,

If I was not supposed to post the above information about the posters.... Please remove it from this thread.

kenn

Roper
02-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Krys
all is cool, please note the previous post i did not mean to offend anyone with the question. I was just trying to get my head wrapped around what was the point..
You answered my questions quite poiently..
I have no issues with why or your head count I just wanted to understand where you or the authors were commin from . If I appeared judgemental that was not my intention at all.

I am a person that does things with a level of intensement that is beyond most people.. i pursue most things that I like to do with trying to get every ounce of what ever I am doing to its fullest.. I generally lean or gravitate to people that are like that. I am impressed that you fly year round if that is what you want to do in life so beit coodos to you my friend. Now If I can just get Heather to get me my print!!!!

frootdog
02-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Now If I can just get Heather to get me my print!!!!

With the deal Kenn is giving NAFEX members you should get yours pretty soon. Besides someone that takes off work as much as she does has plenty of money to get you one.:D

No offense taken, I was giving you an honest answer to your questions.

Roper
02-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I enjoy cander.. I hate mealy mouthin around . I dont usually get subtleness .. it just doesnt register in my brain .. so all is cool.
heather is in Ohio doing depridation work with Rick Woods , so she is actually working,, if you call that work..toungeout

frootdog
02-11-2009, 11:39 AM
heather is in Ohio doing depridation work with Rick Woods , so she is actually working,, if you call that work..toungeout

Even better. She took off work to work. More money to buy you that poster.:D

Heatherg
02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey you 2,
Yes I am working!!! WORKING!! Do you guys climb 150ft towers multiple times in a day.....STAIRS all the way up????? I think NOT!:D
NO, David I am not buying you the poster.....But Kenn here has put all the details up so that you can get o ne for yourself if you so choosetoungeout Then YOU can commerate your season however you like....no numbers needed RIGHT?;)
And Krys,
as far as taking off work goes......seem to recall my time off work benefitting you and the "boys" so they could catch a jack rabbit or several!toungeout
Good to see you all have time to harass me when I don't have the opportuity to fight back:D
I am having fun though.....a HUGE challenge for me, and the birds are working GREAT. Even made friends with the plant guys and we get to go hunting on Saturday and Sunday. Seems they know the ONLY spots around here for cottontails. It pays to have blue eyes sometimes:D

Heatherg
02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh Yeah.....WHY ARE YOU NOT WORKING?????HHHHMMM???:eek:

frootdog
02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey you 2,
Yes I am working!!! WORKING!! Do you guys climb 150ft towers multiple times in a day.....STAIRS all the way up????? I think NOT!:D

No I don't. I leap them in a single bound.:D

And Krys,
as far as taking off work goes......seem to recall my time off work benefitting you and the "boys" so they could catch a jack rabbit or several!toungeout

Yes it did.

Good to see you all have time to harass me when I don't have the opportuity to fight back:D

You ARE fighting back just fine.

made friends with the plant guys and we get to go hunting on Saturday and Sunday. Seems they know the ONLY spots around here for cottontails. It pays to have blue eyes sometimes:D

Good luck. It may not be the eyes....if you know what I mean.

Heatherg
02-12-2009, 02:32 PM
No its my birds RIGHT!!!!!:D;)

Roper
02-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Heather You have blue eyes?... really.... I thought it was your smile and blonde hair.
Besides I have seen you run and your an easy target thats why we pick on you ... ddddddd ting dddddd ting dddddd just kidding.

And as far as climbing stairs ,, havent you heard of an elevator. but I bet the stairs are good excersize. New concept of the stair master.

and if you remember my theme song datadaaa (jeff dunham)
small 's' on my chest.

As far as working, It isnt often that I dont have it on my mind.. when i was in Louisiana last week I spent everymorning in the Library working on bids and so forth ... sent 5 bids in while i was on vacation...!!

Yess yess we roped in the afternoon and evening but I never seem to get to far away from it. i dont know how i use to get away with leaving right after Christmas and then comming home in the middle of march.
I am ready to head out of here again with this weather .. icccceeeee and cold and damp and grey Now about my poster...

Heatherg
02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Hahahahahah:D Good Luck!

Eagle Owl
02-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Here is Krys' poster framed and hung!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/Krysposter.jpg

frootdog
02-14-2009, 11:04 PM
If anyone wants a size reference. The aquarium is a 55 gallon that is 4 feet wide.

Chris L.
02-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Chris,

If I was not supposed to post the above information about the posters.... Please remove it from this thread.

kenn

Ken,
no problem man. I am thinking of making a market place to post info like this so NAFEX members can go and get some discounts. I really appreciate you offering such a big discount for our members. Thank you!!clapp

Kenn Filkins
02-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Krys,

Great to see your poster framed and huge on your wall.

Brandi thanks for posting the picture.

Two of my posters hang in the home of Detroit Red Wing Captain Nicklas Lindstrom...

It's nice to have your work hung by a multi-millionaire that could get anything he wants to put up in his home. The posters are hockey posters of his two oldest sons.

frootdog
02-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Krys,

Two of my posters hang in the home of Detroit Red Wing Captain Nicklas Lindstrom...

It's nice to have your work hung by a multi-millionaire that could get anything he wants to put up in his home. The posters are hockey posters of his two oldest sons.

Sweet!

Roper
02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
k
gotta question for ya .. how come the pictures are square when the lense is round???confuseddtoungeout:D

frootdog
02-19-2009, 02:36 PM
k
gotta question for ya .. how come the pictures are square when the lense is round???confuseddtoungeout:D

The actual lens is not what is capturing the light and putting it in picture format.The lens only focuses the light so it will accurately hit the film inside the camera which IS square shaped.

digital cameras work differently but the lens does the same job

Dirthawking
02-19-2009, 02:57 PM
The actual lens is not what is capturing the light and putting it in picture format.The lens only focuses the light so it will accurately hit the film inside the camera which IS square shaped.

digital cameras work differently but the lens does the same job

OMG! Krys, Please read "sarcasm"....LOL even I got it.

Kenn Filkins
02-19-2009, 03:38 PM
k

David,

When I figure THAT ONE out we will both be Billionaires!

And, you get the first Billion! toungeout

Best Regards,

Roper
02-19-2009, 03:43 PM
I will share !!!

mario did he really say that fdoflol

wesleyc6
02-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Krys,

Great to see your poster framed and huge on your wall.

Brandi thanks for posting the picture.

I sold your art on a 6000 dollar truck gate.toungeout Now I have a plain ol yellow jeep. I am thinking about a wheel cover now...........hmmmmm could you do it?

frootdog
02-19-2009, 11:29 PM
OMG! Krys, Please read "sarcasm"....LOL even I got it.

Your just jealous that my knowledge is bigger than your knowledge!toungeout

Roper
02-19-2009, 11:38 PM
is that like guys with big feet...... they just have big feet.

Dirthawking
02-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Your just jealous that my knowledge is bigger than your knowledge!toungeout
Knowledge vs. common sense

I sense a new thread starting.....

LMAO toungeout

Roper
02-26-2009, 10:24 AM
mario common sence isn't all that commonfrus:D wouldnt you agree?

Dirthawking
02-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Yes I would. But we are talking about Krys now aren't we? :D