PDA

View Full Version : Hi all.

ninja jon
04-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi all, I'm John from United Kingdom relatively new into the art of falconry/hawking. Purchased my first bird last year which was a Male Harris Hawk. Didn't have such a good 1st year into the sport as my bird ended up with quite a nasty bite to is leg off a water rat, he ended up having a operation to remove abscess that had formed due to the bite. Now recovering quite nicely and going through is moult with no problems ended up putting him down to moult quite early due to the injury he sustained. I also purchased a GSP dog i had him sent away to be trained so he can work along side of my bird looking forward to the coming season. I have a very good Mentor he has 20yrs experience at the back of him regards Raptors very grateful of all is advice and appreciate is time and knowledge he gives me. Also have a couple of ferrets not worked them yet with my bird hope to do so this coming season, that's basically it a little run down of me my bird dog and ferrets thank you all. and i look forward to the stay cheers Jon........

Jimmy
04-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Welcome Jon.
Aren't you on the IFF? I seem to recall reading about your bird getting bit??

ninja jon
04-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Welcome Jon.
Aren't you on the IFF? I seem to recall reading about your bird getting bit??

Yes Jim i am on the IFF M8, nice to meet you......

`Chris L.
04-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Jon,
Welcome to NAFEX. I hate that happened to your HH. Its good to hear he pulled through it. I lost a passage coops this year to a ferral cat bite. The bite was hell on her little body. It took over in 24 hours. Great to hear yours is ok

I hope you enjoy the forums and please dont hesitate to post.

again, welcome to the forums