PDA

View Full Version : New Falconry DVD

outhawkn
04-21-2007, 09:09 PM
If you could order your next Falconry DVD on any subject. What would it be?

kimmerar
04-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Good car hawking DVD. Awsome flights and catches with a high quality camcorder. I love car hawking.

RTJim
04-21-2007, 09:21 PM
That would be my choice...from training to perfections with several species........... [smilie=banana.gif]

Falcon Boy
04-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Longwings on jacks, ferrug's and goldies out of a soar

outhawkn
04-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Good car hawking DVD. Awsome flights and catches with a high quality camcorder. I love car hawking.

Have it lined up to do a car hawking dvd this fall with kestrels. How about a summer project?

kimmerar
04-22-2007, 09:45 AM
My sponser just got a merlin Sat and is planning on car hawking it. He's also got a perlin that he tried to car hawk (she took a few) but he prefers fielding hawking her. My husband a has HH molting right now that will be car hawked. He says car hawking a sharpy is cool too.

You're gonna need a very high quality cam corder like they use for TV would be great. It's tough to get it on film clearly. My bird is down with a bad foot right now. I'm have withdraws from falconry. She really can't stand me right now and I'm wondering if I'm ever gonna have her trust again. Putting medicine on twice a day doesn't help the falconer/falcon bond plus she weighs a good 112 to 120. The DMSO is making her foot shed and every 3rd day I have to scrub her foot with a soft toothbrush. Can't wait to get that cream. Hopefully no more foot scrubbing. My sponser says she'll come back. My husband is hooking up full spectrum bulbs in her mew so hopefully her molt and foot injury will all be over at the same time.

What would you want from me? You're a long way off. I think it would be a blast. My # is in the phone book. I'm usually home in the evenings.

everetkhorton
04-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Kim:
Sorry to hear about the foot, I hope it gets better soon!.

outhawkn
04-22-2007, 03:22 PM
My sponser just got a merlin Sat and is planning on car hawking it. He's also got a perlin that he tried to car hawk (she took a few) but he prefers fielding hawking her. My husband a has HH molting right now that will be car hawked. He says car hawking a sharpy is cool too.

You're gonna need a very high quality cam corder like they use for TV would be great. It's tough to get it on film clearly. My bird is down with a bad foot right now. I'm have withdraws from falconry. She really can't stand me right now and I'm wondering if I'm ever gonna have her trust again. Putting medicine on twice a day doesn't help the falconer/falcon bond plus she weighs a good 112 to 120. The DMSO is making her foot shed and every 3rd day I have to scrub her foot with a soft toothbrush. Can't wait to get that cream. Hopefully no more foot scrubbing. My sponser says she'll come back. My husband is hooking up full spectrum bulbs in her mew so hopefully her molt and foot injury will all be over at the same time.

What would you want from me? You're a long way off. I think it would be a blast. My # is in the phone book. I'm usually home in the evenings.

Kim
The CEH cream should arrive at your house tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday at the latest.
I have that camera, it cost more than my truck!! I finished my winter project. ( wolves in Minnesota)And was thinking about filming a peregrine being kite trained from start to finish.But then a local pair of Goshawks keep stealing my pigeons. So I got to thinking about Gos's and their nest is only a couple hundred yards from here and well... I've made arrangements for this fall and winter to film kestrel hawking. And will be not be to far from you. If you or your husband are doing any car hawking this fall I'll contact you.
I've done a lot of filming but never produced a DVD. So I'm not making any promises, but am willing to have a go at it.

Good Luck with the Kes.

outhawkn
04-22-2007, 03:24 PM

Noah,
When you get moved down to MN. Get something going and let me know.

Falcon Boy
04-22-2007, 06:26 PM

Noah,

Alright will do.

kimmerar
04-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Cool Bill. I would love to be part of it. Sounds like fun. Are you just going to film kestrels. Hopefully I can get my bird over this thing she's got going on. Stuttgart is the best starling slips I've seen. They are everywhere year round. I know you could get some good footage there. Sometimes I have to drive many miles for a slip. I'll keep you informed on my bird. Hopefully I can having her flying again soon.

Are you going to film the training process?

Falcon Boy
04-22-2007, 10:23 PM

Noah,

Alright will do.

Bill,

Just wanted to make sure you know im moving to New Mexico, not minnosota

wesleyc6
04-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Anything from the soar is fun to me! I really would like to see some good merlin hawking like they do here on film and some from a pitch and some ringing flights.

My little tiercel peales/barb would ring up swallows, and that was fun, but he never got above them. They would go up out of sight for the swallow and the peregrine too, but in the binos he always appeared to stall out.

DOVE hawking I would really probably like to see the most of anything legal.

If the falconry laws were changed, I would like to see sharpies or male coops on LBJ's!!!!!

outhawkn
04-23-2007, 11:46 AM

Noah,

Alright will do.

Bill,

Noah I know. But thanks ,it wouldnt be the first time I showed up at the wrong place! [smilie=dontknow.gif]

outhawkn
04-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Cool Bill. I would love to be part of it. Sounds like fun. Are you just going to film kestrels. Hopefully I can get my bird over this thing she's got going on. Stuttgart is the best starling slips I've seen. They are everywhere year round. I know you could get some good footage there. Sometimes I have to drive many miles for a slip. I'll keep you informed on my bird. Hopefully I can having her flying again soon.

Are you going to film the training process?

Kim, I am planning on an all kestrel one. I dont know about the training process yet. But will film anything I can get my hands on. Will just save it for later.
I have In-Laws in Paris Ar. My wife and I visit each winter. I have hawked ducks in Stuttgart before, and OH MY GOSH, I have never seen so many ducks in all my life! If I remember right it was rice fields? And I think every duck in the world must have been there! And I got 1 duck, I was so SAD. [smilie=eusa_boohoo.gif]
Already have permission from the boss to spend some time and money on this. And if it doesnt work out, no big deal. I'll have some fun.

kimmerar
04-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey Bill

Got the cream in. Thanks. Ran home and put some on her foot. Tried to call to thank you.

Rice fields might be why there is so many starlings too. Its a 2 hour drive for me but when I saw all the starlings I wanted to move there. LOL. If I lived there with my kestrel our #'s would have been very high. They are just not that abundant here. When I train another bird I will go there for early training. Lots of easy for sure slips there. First trip there my bird got one in 5 minutes. That's why when you come down we'll go there so you can get some good footage. I hope I didn't just jinx it. LOL

Falcon Boy
04-23-2007, 01:23 PM

Noah,

Alright will do.

Bill,

Noah I know. But thanks ,it wouldnt be the first time I showed up at the wrong place! [smilie=dontknow.gif]

I just wanted to make sure since I end up typing MN instead of NM a lot of times, wanted to make sure i didnt make a typo somewhere and mislead you.