PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Vizsla puppy

Rick Jameson
02-18-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm in the market for a pointer for my soon to come gos. I'm partial to Vizslas but have not had any luck finding a resonably priced one. If anyone is breeding or knows a breeder, I would be very interested!! I would also consider a GSP or a Brittney

Chris L.
02-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Rick,
I have a wire haired Vizsla, Cheap and those do not go hand in hand.frus. So I know your pain. There are a few breeders her on NAFEX. What I did is, searched google and started calling around. You can help knock a few dollars off if you tell them your not going to breed him/her.

Also, I dont think the smooth coats are that expensive. just a thought

good luck

tyler1998
05-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Rick,

Did you have any luck finding that Vizsla?

rocgwp
05-09-2009, 08:11 PM
If you haven't found a viszla yet, you mighht contact Wes Collins and see where he got his. His female Lola is one of the best hunting viszlas I've seen in a while.

cnoel08
05-10-2009, 12:46 AM
If you haven't found a viszla yet, you mighht contact Wes Collins and see where he got his. His female Lola is one of the best hunting viszlas I've seen in a while.
thanks, ill let him know...he doesnt get on this site often :)

falcipiter
05-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Rick,
I am now on my fifth Vizsla. And I usually have them around until the age of 13. All of them have come from Galyen Gerrish, (Find him in the NAFA directory.) Galyen is a long time falconer and Vizsla breeder. He has run them in trials and shows. The best falconry dog there is although some can be a bit high strung. The breed goes back 1000 years and were bred specifically for falconry. Email me privately if you cannont find his number.
In the "Art",
Michael

Rick Jameson
05-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the help guys... Looks like I'm gonna have to pass on the Viz this season. I was hoping to get one a couple of months back and already have him started, but things didn't work out. Now I'm entering my busy season managing a marina so I'll have my hands full with that and imprinting my hopefully soon to hatch gos. I've got a good flush dog, but she just doesn't have it in her to point (and I'm not going to try to slow her down with a shock collar b/c she is very soft and I don't want her to shut down). My modified plan now is to start out a viz next season during the molt. Thanks again for the info, I'm sure I'll be looking it up next spring!!
Rick

wesleyc6
05-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the help guys... Looks like I'm gonna have to pass on the Viz this season. I was hoping to get one a couple of months back and already have him started, but things didn't work out. Now I'm entering my busy season managing a marina so I'll have my hands full with that and imprinting my hopefully soon to hatch gos. I've got a good flush dog, but she just doesn't have it in her to point (and I'm not going to try to slow her down with a shock collar b/c she is very soft and I don't want her to shut down). My modified plan now is to start out a viz next season during the molt. Thanks again for the info, I'm sure I'll be looking it up next spring!!
Rick

Rick,
If I find a suitable male for Lola, I may very well breed her next spring. If so, I will sell them at a modest price. She has turned out to be everything I want in a dog. I sold the best dog I ever had for reasons I couldn't help and I thought I would never find a replacement for her, but I like Lola just as much. Lola is a natural pointer that has never had a check cord on her and has become a good dog in the water too and retrieves pretty well on wild game too with almost no training. I think you will like your Vizsla when you get one!

skooky20
05-11-2009, 12:49 AM
wes please keep us posted if you breed your vizsla in the spring. i also would be very interested in getting one. I have wanted one for some time and now being in arizona with all the quail around i really want one.;)

wesleyc6
05-11-2009, 08:48 AM
wes please keep us posted if you breed your vizsla in the spring. i also would be very interested in getting one. I have wanted one for some time and now being in arizona with all the quail around i really want one.;)

I sure will Chris. :D

Hawkmom
05-13-2009, 09:02 AM
www.southeasternguidedogs.org They have Vizlas that they use for guide dogs and the field. The low maintenance coat and their biddable temperment make them a great guide dog.

Hawkmom
05-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I mean: www.guidedogs.org