PDA

View Full Version : Hey Y'all

pioneersnt
03-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself to those who are not aquanted.
My name is Edd, and am from a rural area of southern California. I started investigating falconry a couple of years ago.
I passed the test last month, put together most of my equipment and am currently working on my mews and weathering. Still need to weld up my bow perch and order swivels, but should be ready for inspection by the end of the month. Then it's gonna be a long summer waiting to trap.
I've spent a few days lurking the forum, seem to be a very friendly and helpfull group.
I look forward to learning and sharing with you all.

borderhawk
03-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Welcome Edd! Sounds like you're right on track! Be sure to share your trapping stories with us next Fall!

paganlove22
03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
(welc) Everybody on here is really great and friendly.

everetkhorton
03-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Edd:
Welcome! Do you have lots of game around? Thanks for signing your post with your first name, have fun. We like pictures.

pioneersnt
03-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the welcome.
Yes Ev, there's plenty of game here. Cottontail, jack, quail and those pesky fruit eat'n california ground squirrels.
I've gotta get a couple of no-kill traps and build a CO2 chamber to try and get rid of some of those ground squirrels before the fruit trees set this year. Last year we were only able to get 1 apple and a handfull of cherries from a dozen trees. Those darn squirrels ate every thing, apples, pears, plums and cherries just as they started to ripen.
Maybe I should start freezing ground squirrel for fall bird food supply?!