PDA

View Full Version : Friends Merlin

Tiercel78
04-28-2007, 11:33 PM
I forgot to post this earlier and though y'all would appreciate this.

Here is my friends merlin Lucy. She is a 2xintermewed bird and was pretty awesome this year. When I was out in west Texas this year I asked Paul if she ever went after the quail out there. He said she has dipped a wing at them a few times. Well we aquired and quail and just for shit and grins released it in front of her. She hit and bound to it in a instant. Here are a few pictures he sent me after I left and he got her going. From thentill the end of the season she caught like 15birds(not bad in 2months). This is a 160-170 gram bird nailing birds that weigh the same as she does. He was thinkng about releasing her this season but I think that has changed now.lol!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/tiercel78/merlin1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/tiercel78/merlin.jpg

`Chris L.
04-29-2007, 06:42 AM
Zach,
great pictures. Thank you for posting them

Pheasantplucker
04-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Great photo's, [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] ,which subspecies is the Merlin? and is that a Scaled quail?

PP.

kimmerar
04-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks. Love the pics and those small birds. Merlins are my sponsers favorite bird. Reminds me of my kestrel. Sounds like they have the same gusto as my kestrel.

Tiercel78
04-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Great photo's, [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] ,which subspecies is the Merlin? and is that a Scaled quail?

PP.

She is a Columbarius and you are right on the money about the quail.

kirklan
04-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Great looking bird! Were the 15 scalie kills on wild or pen raised birds. They would be a fun bird to hunt with a falcon.

Tiercel78
04-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Wild scalies. Boy there is a lot of them out there where he is at. He has whole coveys that come into his yard to get at the collered doves traps. They have a lot of collered doves that hang out near house too. He uses those for the merlin as bags at times.