PDA

View Full Version : Cheers from Alabama

Rooster
03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
I've been on the site for a week or so and haven't introduced myself yet. My name's Paul and I live in north central Alabama. I'm forty-two, married with two young'ns. I work at a hospital computer department. I've been facinated with hawks and falcons from a very early age and recently became exposed to falconry. The Wife and I were lucky enough to go hunting with RaptoRick and his two awesome Harris Hawks, Tazz and Tazer. That one afternoon showed us a taste of falconry and I really enjoyed it. Thanks again Rick!!! I'm starting a thread in the Apprentice section to log my steps into falconry. Please drop in to comment - I'm open to everyone's views!

Hello to all and cheers!!!

beeer

Ross.Spafford
03-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Rooster,

My name is Ross and I'm in Auburn. I think you might have left me a voicemail a while back and I never got back with you. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. I'm flying a Male harris and a Male Redtail. The RT is about done for the season, but the harris is just getting started.

Rooster
03-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Nice to meet you. One of my brothers lives in Salem and runs a tire store in Auburn, so I'm down on the plains every now and then. I'd be great to arrange a get together. I'd like to go check out AU's facilities, as well.

outhawkn
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I've been on the site for a week or so and haven't introduced myself yet. My name's Paul and I live in north central Alabama. I'm forty-two, married with two young'ns. I work at a hospital computer department. I've been facinated with hawks and falcons from a very early age and recently became exposed to falconry. The Wife and I were lucky enough to go hunting with RaptoRick and his two awesome Harris Hawks, Tazz and Tazer. That one afternoon showed us a taste of falconry and I really enjoyed it. Thanks again Rick!!! I'm starting a thread in the Apprentice section to log my steps into falconry. Please drop in to comment - I'm open to everyone's views!

Hello to all and cheers!!!

beeer

(welc)(welc)

Jimmy
03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Hello, Paul.
We won't hold it against you for hanging around Rick and his sorry birds. Just don't let him be a bad influence on you..........

outhawkn
03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Rick and his sorry birds.

LOL.........................:D

everetkhorton
03-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Welcome Paul:
Never and I mean Never ask a falconer for any comments. We have fun on this site. Those HH are fun! Post often.

Raptorick
03-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Hello, Paul.
We won't hold it against you for hanging around Rick and his sorry birds. Just don't let him be a bad influence on you..........

HEY JIMMY!mooonmooonmooonmooonmooonmooonmooonmooonmooo n

I have to admit, he's scraping the barrel hanging around me, but I think I already ruined him. :D

hawkgirl
04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
hi, rooster i am maddie and I needed to know if you know any falconers in the Jacksonville area. I need a sponser very soon , thxrtsqrl

thunderheartiii
04-12-2009, 01:56 PM
(welc)

Bird_Dog
04-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Are there any falconers in the Greene Co. Alabama area?

-- Scott

Ross.Spafford
04-13-2009, 12:11 PM
The closest ones I know of are around Montgomery. And i'm not sure how many of them are active at the moment.

Bird_Dog
04-13-2009, 04:45 PM
The closest ones I know of are around Montgomery. And i'm not sure how many of them are active at the moment.

Just checking, I'm planning a summer road trip to the area (Greene and Bibb Counties) and thought it would be nice to visit any falconers that are nearby. Turns out that I have a lot of ancestor from there and I want to visit the old homestead.

-- Scott

Ross.Spafford
04-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm flying my harris through the moult, and crow season is open year long here. I could be persuaded to wander over that way. Shoot me a PM a little closer to your trip and we'll see about setting something up.

B-Reed
12-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey any falconers in the Tuscaloosa area? I'm looking for a sponser

frootdog
12-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Hey any falconers in the Tuscaloosa area? I'm looking for a sponser

Welcome to NAFEX.(welc) B-Reed.

You might have better luck if you start your own thread. Also you might want to give some details about yourself, and please sign all your posts with your first name. You can create a signature in your user cp to do it automaticly.