PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Georgia

thunderheartiii
03-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Been on the site for a bit and wanted to say Hi... My name is Jim and I am not yet an apprentice but studying hard...building my mews and when I pass the test will be looking for a Sponsor. Decided to go "backwards" this time in sponsor hunting.

This is really a great site, lots of good info, good people with friendly attitudes. The "DIY" Sections in the forums really help alot . You know the old saying...a picture is worth a 1000 words and most of the DIY stuff is well laid out and easy to follow.

Looking forward to being a part of the group.
Many Thanks,
Jim

cnoel08
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
welcome :)

everetkhorton
03-24-2009, 09:19 PM
(welc)Jim. How about posting some pictures of your progress with your mews. When do you plan on taking the test?

wesleyc6
03-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Jim,
There are two clubs in GA. Both clubs have some good falconers in them. I am from GA, but now live in Texas. There are a couple of GA falconers on here, so I am sure you will find some good contacts.

paganlove22
03-25-2009, 12:37 AM
(welc)

Chris L.
03-25-2009, 06:54 AM
Jim,
Welcome to NAFEX. I live in Columbia Sc. Not sure how far you are from me but you are always more than welcome to come and see my set up or just hunt with the birds.

good luck and keep us posted on your progress

Chris

FredFogg
03-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Jim,

Love the enthusiasm, but I would get some advice from other falconers before starting your facilities. If I were your sponser and you built something and I didn't like it, I would make you redo it. That is the reason most folks look for a sponser before getting to that point. Taking and passing your test is another story, an apprentice that has done the work and gotten that done before approaching me to be their sponser definately has a better chance than most. LOL

Good luck in your falconry adventures,

outhawkn
03-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Jim,

Love the enthusiasm, but I would get some advice from other falconers before starting your facilities. If I were your sponser and you built something and I didn't like it, I would make you redo it. That is the reason most folks look for a sponser before getting to that point. Taking and passing your test is another story, an apprentice that has done the work and gotten that done before approaching me to be their sponser definately has a better chance than most. LOL

Good luck in your falconry adventures,

I agree. (welc):D

BlackTalon
03-25-2009, 05:22 PM
(welc) Fellow pre-app here. Glad to see more people joining. It is a great site isnt it (especially for us pre-apps!).

tescobedo
03-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Jim,

Welcome to NAFEX!

thunderheartiii
03-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone... Will post pics as mews develops :) , just have a pile of lumber, fencing and EMT conduit right now :)

Thanks for the insight on contacting a sponsor before building the mews.

The only reason I had mentioned anything about "Doing it Backwards" is because I had actually passed the test, had the mews built and was basically ready for inspection. Due to some medical/ financial problems, my sponsor leaving the area to go and attend school, things came to a halt. When I contacted DNR to get started again they Did Not have anything on record of me ever taking a test (Money order reciepts and "signed for" Express Postage do not count as proof...lol) so it all begins from scratch. I will add that the DNR was extremely cooperative, polite and every effort was made to locate my "stuff" in the storage facility but ...no luck.

Hope to be Hawking Soon,
Jim

Jimmy
03-28-2009, 08:31 AM
my sponsor leaving the area to go and attend school, things came to a halt.

Who was your sponsor?

thunderheartiii
03-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Jimmy,

I'll send ya a PM...Not one to throw rocks in public :)

Jim

Jimmy
03-28-2009, 09:34 AM
PM returned. I wasn't asking with ill intent. Was just curious as I don't know many falconers down that way.

thunderheartiii
03-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Jimmy,

No ill intent taken :)

I don't know any General Class Falconers down here... Locally there are two Master Class and one apprentice that I know of. There may be more, but I do not know of them.

What area of Georgia are you from?

Jim

Jimmy
03-28-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm in Walton County.

thunderheartiii
04-16-2009, 06:26 PM
clappUPDATE... DNR has found my test...I am a very HAPPY CAMPER that I don't have to take that monster again... Many thanks to Jamie from the GA DNR Special Permits.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

sharptail
04-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Congrats,!!! Nothing like reciepts to help them remember!