PDA

View Full Version : Homers

raptrlvr
03-26-2009, 08:05 PM
I just finished my pigeon loft and I need a few homers to get it started. A friend of mine gave me 3 squeakers and 2 pair of adult breeders. I would like to have about 30 birds so, I need a few more. Not looking to spend a bunch of money, just a reasonable price .Contact me at "raptrlvr@aol.com"

murraym
03-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Jim I don't know if you will be near Phoenix any time soon or if they can be shipped or how but I could probably spare you some. They are not banded or anything cause I just fly them under my falcon but they still come home even without bands.

Ross.Spafford
03-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Jim,

Would you mind posting some pictures of your loft.

raptrlvr
03-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Matt, I'll see if I can find someone heading to Phoenix. I appreciate the offer. Ross,
I'll get the camera out in the next couple of days and take some pictures of the loft. Its not very good as far as lofts go, but, it will work. I still have a few things to do to it, but, the birds won't be let out for a while so that gives me some time.

murraym
03-27-2009, 09:28 AM
I will get some pictures of my "loft" up also, if you could call it that. Its not much for looking at and I still need to paint it but it holds the birds. I was dumb and built it cheap instead of permanent. I did it that way because I didn't think I would like the pigeons. It turns out I enjoy watching them fly...even when there is not a falcon on their tails they are funto watch.

Jim, let me know. No hurry though, I leave my breeders together all the time so I should always have some. They are better babies now then in the summer though. I think the heat forces them to be over watered and under fed cause the chicks that hatch in the summer are always smaller than ones from when it is cooler out.

murraym
03-30-2009, 05:03 PM
I finally got some pictures of my pigeon holders. They are not quality but they work.
The first 2 are the breeder loft and the third the flyer pen.
http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq49/murraym2009/100_0175.jpg

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq49/murraym2009/100_0172.jpg

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq49/murraym2009/100_0168.jpg

dirtwinger
03-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Jim, talk to Warren Spencer he has a lot of homers. I'm sure he can hook you up with some young birds.

borderhawk
03-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Jim I don't know if you will be near Phoenix any time soon or if they can be shipped or how but I could probably spare you some. They are not banded or anything cause I just fly them under my falcon but they still come home even without bands.

There's a possibility I may be heading to Phoenix in the next week or two, and then I can meet Jim halfway in Duncan or Lordsburg... for the small fee of a breeding pair of my own... Or....if he uses a different source I could use a few more?.... :D

conorhawk
04-06-2009, 03:17 PM
If anyone is looking for homers vahe dala has a lot to sell but for around 10 to 20 a bird I think ( not shure ) his E mail is vahe@vahedala.com

raptrlvr
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
dirtwinger, I talked to Warren and he is going to hook me up with some birds. Thanks for letting him know I need some.

Zarafia
04-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I love the Easter baskets and salad bowls LOL.