PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum...Hi from CA

CaliforniaFalconer
04-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Hi all,

My name is Shilo. Hubby and I are both falconers and live in Northern CA. We've both been flying for a few years, mostly falcons, with a few owls and hawks.

I'm really excited to be getting (hopefully) a tiercel Gos this year. It will be my first Accipiter and also my first imprint......so I'm nervous and excited all in one. :)

Anyhow, just wanted to say hello.
I've already found so much great info in the time I've looked around the forum.

Thanks,
Shilo

ikcus
04-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the forums. I am only 30 minutes to the east of you in Sac. I hunt a few fields in Dixon from time to time. Good luck with the Gos.

CaliforniaFalconer
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi Joe,

What a small world ! What do you currently fly ? We may have to get together sometime and go hunting. :)

outhawkn
04-01-2009, 05:57 PM
(welc)(welc)

everetkhorton
04-01-2009, 06:14 PM
(welc)Shilo! Good luck with your new bird. Should be a big change but will be fun.

ikcus
04-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Next year I will be flying my 2X inter-mewed FRT and a FHH.

Chris L.
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Anyhow, just wanted to say hello.
I've already found so much great info in the time I've looked around the forum.

Thanks,
Shilo

Shilo (welc)

good to hear the forums are helping you out. Please don't hesitate to ask questions.

good luck with the new imprint.. don't forget to post some pictures, we always enjoy them

again Welcome

Appalachian hawker
04-01-2009, 08:08 PM
We've both been flying for a few years, mostly falcons, with a few owls and hawks.

Welcome Shilo, these forums have allot of information. You've flown owls? Did you hunt them? Very cool! I find owls in Falconry very interesting.

thunderheartiii
04-01-2009, 09:30 PM
(welc)

Jim

BlackTalon
04-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the forums! :)

CaliforniaFalconer
04-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, there seem to be many knowledgable people here, and its nice to see that, for the most part, everyone gets along well. :)

I had two GHO's last year that were "rescued" by concerned people after a storm. We have access to many GHO nests, and planned on placing them in the area to be raised, but I decided to try the owls instead. One male, one female. I had them coming about 20yards on the creance when some personal issues came up and I ended up letting them go. I really liked the personality of the female, she was great, the male was all about the business.
I wish I'd had the opportunity to fly them free and try hunting them, but perhaps another time in the future. :)

I'll definately post pics of the new baby when he arrives. Like I said, I'm really excited, but nervous all at the same time. I've worked with a lot of "mis-prints" and know what I definately don't want him to be like. lol
Hopefully all will go well and I'll end up with a decent bird. :)

doc387
04-02-2009, 12:44 PM
(welc)rtsqrl

MadAustringer
04-04-2009, 03:51 AM
Welcome!! Right now I am in central cal, but I might be moving up to Davis soon...(dog) Glad to have you aboard here!