PDA

View Full Version : Reign 2008 Imprint Goshawk Hen

Rage
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Guess I might as well just make a thread for posting all my photos of Reign instead of multiple threads. Here is the first one from the other day after giving her a tennis ball to play with in the Mews.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawkingrage/3399242659/

conorhawk
04-06-2009, 02:56 PM
very funny good looking bird too!

Rage
04-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Not sure how to take that. She does look a little funny with the feathers on her head wacked out of shape like they are though. She was good at bouncing around the giant hood and that is how those feathers got broken. Hopefully they all moult out this year.

Reign normally bathes in front of me but today she wasnt too sure about the phone camera. She is starting to leave food behind that I pick up the next morning as well. She hasnt really changed more than she has, which I am happy for either. The screaming has completly gone away. I havent heard her scream for at least 4 days. Mostly just chupping and acting like a baby again when I go in the mews by playing with her sticks and tennis ball. Here is todays Photo. i-phone shot. maybe tomorrow ill take in the canon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawkingrage/3419625106

conorhawk
04-07-2009, 02:32 PM
I was saying funny about her with the ball in her feet I saw an eagle do the same thing.

Rage
04-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Well the moult has started. Here are a couple pics from today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawkingrage/3421952968/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawkingrage/3421965792/

This is the soonest I have ever gotten feathers out of a falconry bird out of the moult!

Rage
04-28-2009, 01:49 PM
I am going to start taking a photo every week of Reign durring the moult. I will get feather changes but most importantly to me is to record the eye color change. Here is the first of the batch. Can someone please tell me how to post the photo with out having to link it? Id like to get it done just on the site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawkingrage/3483903910/

Dirthawking
04-28-2009, 07:47 PM
chuck, you have to use another site. Photo bucket works the best and only takes a few clicks to do it. PM me and I will help you out. If you do not want to use another hosting site, email them to me and I will post them on my bucket for you.

Chris L.
04-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Chuck

great picture! Keep us updated

I am with Mario on this, it would be much better to see the pictures in the post.. I tried to edit your post to allow it with the flicker account but flicker is not cooperating

thanks for taking the time to take the pictures

Dirthawking
04-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Chuck

great picture! Keep us updated

I am with Mario on this, it would be much better to see the pictures in the post.. I tried to edit your post to allow it with the flicker account but flicker is not cooperating

thanks for taking the time to take the pictures

Chris, I tried it to. I think it is something with the way Chuck has his flicker account set up. I could not even steal the picture from his site and post it on my photo bucket. confusedd

Rage
04-28-2009, 08:37 PM
That's good to hear mario. I was hoping that Flickr wouldn't allow others to steal my work. Guess I'll have to do a photobucket account.

ikcus
04-28-2009, 08:53 PM
That's good to hear mario. I was hoping that Flickr wouldn't allow others to steal my work. Guess I'll have to do a photobucket account.
Or you could put up a web server at the house. Very, very easy to do. Ubuntu linux on an old PC would do just fine. No monitor, keyboard or mouse needed. Just a power cord and a network connection. Currently, the PC serving pics for me has been up and running for 432 days with only 20 minutes of maintenance to keep it patched.

FredFogg
04-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Or you could put up a web server at the house. Very, very easy to do. Ubuntu linux on an old PC would do just fine. No monitor, keyboard or mouse needed. Just a power cord and a network connection. Currently, the PC serving pics for me has been up and running for 432 days with only 20 minutes of maintenance to keep it patched.

Joe, sent you a private message!

Dirthawking
04-28-2009, 10:37 PM

Sorry man! I was just trying to help figure it out. I was not looking to take your picture without your permission. I promise! :D

Rage
04-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Nahh dude. Not worried about you. It's the general public. I know if I post it that it runs the risk but it is nice to have that insurance. Pretty cool though as I am proud of some of my photos.

Dirthawking
04-29-2009, 08:39 AM
And you should be proud of those pictures. You should submit some for publish in the "Stoop". We are always looking for good quality pictures!

Hey I had to try didn't I! :D

Saluqi
04-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Nice pictures Chuck, neither of my gosses have dropped a single feather yet. I saw in your blog that you had to deal with some aggression, what kind of aggression did you experience, and what did you do to get around it?

Rage
04-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Never really got around the aggression durring the season. I think ultimatly it was food related. Sometimes I think it was her just being her. When I first put her up for the moult I isolated her from me. I closed off one of the windows to the mew and left her with one window. I ignored her and had to be religious about it. with in 3 weeks she stopped screaming and the agression totally went away. Her weight is at 36oz. she has flown as high as 37 oz on birds. she acts fat but I can still feel her keel. I am hoping it was the ignoring compared to the weight as far as her agression. There where a couple times I came out bloody and one time i couldnt tie my own shoes the next day, she had my hand so torn up.

She is a total sweet heart now though.

Rage
04-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Ok, here is a test photo from photobucket. I have had this account for a while but forgot all about it. Took this pic yesterday, and it is also in my flickr accnt.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp331/HawkingRage/WhiteHomerNeo.jpg

and the original one of reign

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp331/HawkingRage/Reign4-28-09.jpg

Lee Slikkers
04-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Ok, here is a test photo from photobucket. I have had this account for a while but forgot all about it. Took this pic yesterday, and it is also in my flickr accnt.
and the original one of reign

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss345/LeeSlikkersII/Reign4-28-09a.jpg

I love how quickly her eyes have turned crimson...

Rage
04-29-2009, 11:11 AM
if her eyes go that red id cream my shorts!

Nice work by the way, you kept the reflection in the eye.

Dirthawking
04-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Chuck, the only thing I would recommend is to resize them for photo bucket. This way they do not take up a screen and a half to view. Just a thought.

Rage
04-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Ill do that. Just got used to dealing with full format on flickr. Elinay just posted a photo from her flickr account, ill have to ask her how she did it

dirthawker2004
04-29-2009, 08:41 PM
if her eyes go that red id cream my shorts!

Nice work by the way, you kept the reflection in the eye.

chuck if her eyes went that shade of red it wouldn't be cream in your shorts it would be chocolate pudding. because her head would be spinning and be spitting green pee soup.

Lee Slikkers
04-30-2009, 07:20 AM
it does look a bit on the "Damian" side doesn't it...

Roper
04-30-2009, 08:22 AM
ok so what type of exotic hybred raptor is the white one ???

toungeout

Rage
09-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Went int the mews today and changes out reigns jesses so I could leash her up. She did real well tell I got her on the fist. She bated a few times just to remind me she ain't no little Harris. Good lord I forgot how much power she has in those wings. Once we got out of themews she quieted down and rode the fist like a charm. Still had wings out a bit but calmed down after a minute. She feels like a sack of bricks compared to the Harris. I've been slowing down the food lately and only have an inch left to grow on 2 tail feathers so today I wanted a weight. Last year for birds she flew inthe 900's but for rabbit I needed to bring her down to the 870's. So on the scale we went. I could have swollowed my own eyeballs when I saw she was at 940 grams. Guess it's time to start jump ups and a little formal manning. I have 80 grams to get to but also to take into consideration is the fat to muscle ratio. Haven't been one to do jump ups but this year I think I'll do it.

Release the hounds.