PDA

View Full Version : An intro

BestBeagler
05-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone:
I found this forum via Ev Horton, and recognize a lot of names on here from other lists.
My name is Isaac Gale and I am 19years old. I have flown 6 passage RT's and 2 passage coopers. I am college student studying towards an economics degree. I live in the southern part of Michigan in the US. I am totally obsessed about falconry. There is not one day that goes by without me reading something that is falconry related. In fact when I walk in to a store I start picking up stuff and think how it might be useful for falconry. I started a pigeon loft last year as I intend to fly a tercil peregrine this year, and am looking forward to it. I used to run beagles at rabbits but gave it up, as I got tired of working with stubborn dogs. I now hunt pheasants with a Gordon Setter. If you have questions about me feel free to ask. By the way I suck at introductions. Isaac

`Chris L.
05-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Isaac,
great to have you on the forum. I hope you enjoy the forum. Evwas one of the first members on this forum and contributes a lot to it. I hope you are as active as he is. You seem to have some great birds under your belt, I wish I would have started falconry at your age.

Do you have any birds up for the molt? Where are you getting your peregrine?

Please let us know if you need anything...

Again Welcome to NAFEX.

Falcon Boy
05-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Issac,

Welcome to the board. I am 18, also a college student, also going to try my first big pointy wing thing this season [flew a kessie a few years ago]... in fact i'm dreading making the phone call in a few minutes thats gonna set me back a few hundered dollars LOL

BestBeagler
05-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Isaac,
great to have you on the forum. I hope you enjoy the forum. Evwas one of the first members on this forum and contributes a lot to it. I hope you are as active as he is. You seem to have some great birds under your belt, I wish I would have started falconry at your age.

Do you have any birds up for the molt? Where are you getting your peregrine?

Please let us know if you need anything...

Again Welcome to NAFEX.

I don't have any birds up for the molt. I don't like molting birds [smilie=eusa_sick.gif] The peregrine will come out of Brad Mitchell's project. Thanks for the welcome. Isaac

BestBeagler
05-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Issac,

Welcome to the board. I am 18, also a college student, also going to try my first big pointy wing thing this season [flew a kessie a few years ago]... in fact i'm dreading making the phone call in a few minutes thats gonna set me back a few hundered dollars LOL

Which breeder did you decide to go with? Tercil or falcon? Do mind if I ask you what you are going to pay for it? CB raised? If so until how old? Anatum, Peales? Sorry for all the questions. Just curious. Everyone I talk to says I will have fun with my tercil so I am sure you will too. Thanks for the welcome. Isaac

Falcon Boy
05-07-2007, 06:49 PM
If all goes to plan, a male gyr/saker from Bill Wegner. It will be $600 which is the same as a local breeder wanted for a male peregrine, so i figure the added size of the gyr/saker wouldn't hurt anything.

BestBeagler
05-07-2007, 07:07 PM
If all goes to plan, a male gyr/saker from Bill Wegner. It will be $600 which is the same as a local breeder wanted for a male peregrine, so i figure the added size of the gyr/saker wouldn't hurt anything.

Well, I hope you have fun with him. Will he be flown out of the hood off the fist? I will pay $500.00 for my tercil, but with shipping, hoods and telemetry I will be paying a lot more in the end. People say tercil anatums are the way to go if you are going to fly your first longwing from a waiting on position. I can't wait. Isaac

everetkhorton
05-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Ha Isaac: I see you found the site. How is that dog doing anyway? Hope you enjoy the site.
Ev.

BestBeagler
05-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Ha Isaac: I see you found the site. How is that dog doing anyway? Hope you enjoy the site.
Ev.

Ev:
The dog is doing great. You could not ask for a sweeter dog she makes a good watch dog as well. Isaac

Falcon Boy
05-07-2007, 08:14 PM

Well, I hope you have fun with him. Will he be flown out of the hood off the fist? I will pay $500.00 for my tercil, but with shipping, hoods and telemetry I will be paying a lot more in the end. People say tercil anatums are the way to go if you are going to fly your first longwing from a waiting on position. I can't wait. Isaac

I plan on flying it on ducks if i can find them, and jacks. I have not decided how i am going to do it yet, out of the hood or just let him do his thing.

**EDIT**
Just got through, working out a date for shipping tomarrow [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

outhawkn
05-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Issac,

Noah

Why did you choose gyr for your first big longwing? If you dont mind me asking?

Falcon Boy
05-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Issac,

Noah

To be honest, i was planning on a male peregrine. When i saw the gyr/sakers up for $600 which is basically what i was going to be charged for a tiercel peregrine, i was not worried about species so much as extra size. I am mostly going to be flying the bird on jacks with ducks on the side, so getting the bird to mount up high is not a huge priority to me as was a little more stopping power and size, not to mention that sakers take hares in their natural environment and will give the gyr blood more asper resistance.

outhawkn
05-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Issac,

Noah

To be honest, i was planning on a male peregrine. When i saw the gyr/sakers up for $600 which is basically what i was going to be charged for a tiercel peregrine, i was not worried about species so much as extra size. I am mostly going to be flying the bird on jacks with ducks on the side, so getting the bird to mount up high is not a huge priority to me as was a little more stopping power and size, not to mention that sakers take hares in their natural environment and will give the gyr blood more asper resistance.

Thanks I was just wondering.