PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to NAFEX!

jhausman
04-21-2009, 11:06 PM
I would like to thank, on behalf of the AFC Officers, Board and membership, ChrisL and NAFEX for making AFC a part of this fantastic forum. Our goals here are simple. To let you know what is going on in American Falconry. We want our membership, and prospective membership, to have a chance to see what we are both achieving and striving to achieve for falconry. We welcome questions, concerns and civil discussion in keeping with standards set by NAFEX.

We are looking forward being a part of this online community.

Chris L.
04-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Jason and the AFC Board and Members

I would like to take the opportunity to welcome the American Falconry Conservancy to NAFEX.net.

I am very excited to have the AFC on NAFEX and I truly believe this is a step in the right direction to getting falconry information centralized. I think it is a great way to get important information out to falconers and this will help keep us abreast to important issues and topics that may affect how we practice falconry. We need to unite our resources and come together as a whole if we want to see falconry practiced in the future

Again Welcome ... clapp

Zarafia
04-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Personally I must say that I will be a lot more willing to part with my very needed dollars if I can see what they are going to on an open forum like NAFEX.
Its probably a fault of mine, but Im much more willing to give money to an organisation that will put everything forward on a place like this.
I have nothing against NAFA, I used to be a member (love the journals and Hawkchalks). But I sent Chris money because we can talk here. I will likely send money to the new AFC because we can talk about things here.
Crap, theres something else I need to send money to LOL.
Anyway, thanks.

jhausman
04-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Personally I must say that I will be a lot more willing to part with my very needed dollars if I can see what they are going to on an open forum like NAFEX.
Its probably a fault of mine, but Im much more willing to give money to an organisation that will put everything forward on a place like this.
I have nothing against NAFA, I used to be a member (love the journals and Hawkchalks). But I sent Chris money because we can talk here. I will likely send money to the new AFC because we can talk about things here.
Crap, theres something else I need to send money to LOL.
Anyway, thanks.

Thanks Meridith! I will do all I can to answer any questions you might have, or more likely, get the answers from someone within AFC that has the answers. That said, the answers might not always be immediate, but I will do all I can to keep things moving along! Thanks for your positive post. Our membership is growing quickly, I sincerely hope we see you coming aboard soon.

borderhawk
04-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Will the AFC be putting a link to nafex.net on their website?

Zarafia
04-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Well like I said, Im much more apt to want to belong to an organisation that will communicate like we can here. Just my own personal feelings here, but I think I will feel like I can be more a part of things if things are put forward on a place like this.
Chris has done an excellent job of making NAFEX a place where novices like me can post without fear of ridicule. Things just get explained here, without making me feel dumb LOL.
Alright, where do I send my check for AFC to? And how much for a regular membership? It would also be great if you guys can do a paypal thing, but I dont do paypal right now.

jhausman
04-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Will the AFC be putting a link to nafex.net on their website?

YES! We are working on the new website, mission statement and snazzy logo. As all things, changing a name is more involved than one might think. There are a lot of moving parts. NAFEX will be represented on the AFC website as are other affiliate falconry groups.

Cheers!

jhausman
04-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Well like I said, Im much more apt to want to belong to an organisation that will communicate like we can here. Just my own personal feelings here, but I think I will feel like I can be more a part of things if things are put forward on a place like this.
Chris has done an excellent job of making NAFEX a place where novices like me can post without fear of ridicule. Things just get explained here, without making me feel dumb LOL.
Alright, where do I send my check for AFC to? And how much for a regular membership? It would also be great if you guys can do a paypal thing, but I dont do paypal right now.

These are the VERY reasons we chose are here. We love the house that Chris has built!

Here you go! And thanks in advance! I will be posting achievements past, current and those we are looking towards very soon. You will know where your money is going!

This is the current website. I will post the new one as soon as it is active. This will work for membership now though.

http://www.raptorconservancy.org/membership.htm

paganlove22
04-22-2009, 12:30 AM
I have to agree with Meridith. I would much rather give my money to an organization that has transparency to it. Good luck with it all and I will definitely be sending in my check.

killjoy
04-22-2009, 09:29 AM
I have to agree with Meridith. I would much rather give my money to an organization that has transparency to it. Good luck with it all and I will definitely be sending in my check.

Ditto!!

I am amazed, in falconry, that people throw money around and expect others to do so also.

I want info for my money. I want to make sure that what i am spending my money on is getting used for what i deem worthy.

Sorry, but until i receive my billion dollar stimilus check, that is how i will be.

ericedw
04-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Jason and the AFC Board and Members

I would like to take the opportunity to welcome the American Falconry Conservancy to NAFEX.net...

Again Welcome ... clapp

Thanks Chris, I think this will be a great opportunity for AFC to communicate directly with falconers.

Eric Edwards
Gulf States Director

Chris L.
04-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks Chris, I think this will be a great opportunity for AFC to communicate directly with falconers.

Eric Edwards
Gulf States Director

Eric,

I am looking forward to seeing this part of the forum grow. I cant agree more with you. I think it says a lot about the AFC for wanting to be here and to help break down the communication barriers that exist amongst falconers and important issues at hand

Please let the board members know if they ever need to get in contact with me to please not hesitate to.