PDA

View Full Version : hey from bama!

clayton faulkner
04-29-2009, 02:07 AM
hey from down here in tuscaloosa, al. I dont practice in falconry but i do find it very interesting and am currently looking into it. ive always wanted a "pet bird" and been extremly intested in adapted predators (i have 2 ball pythons). for right now though im just looking to see what its all about! im a student here and im not real sure where my life will take me in a few years and until i have a better idea im not planning on getting a bird of my own... but that could change in a few months if i find its what i want!

so are any of yall from ttown? i would really love to see some of these birds!

Joby
04-29-2009, 02:17 AM
Hi Clayton,
Welcom'e to the site. Sounds like you share our appreciation for the birds. BTW, our birds are not pets, but rather are used for hunting.
-Joby

clayton faulkner
04-29-2009, 03:50 AM
Hi Clayton,
Welcom'e to the site. Sounds like you share our appreciation for the birds. BTW, our birds are not pets, but rather are used for hunting.
-Joby

haha, thats why i put the pet bird in quotes... when i was younger i always said i wanted a pet bird but i understand these arnt pets, more of.... actually im not sure what kind of a title to give the relationship between a raptor and person.

Dirthawking
04-30-2009, 07:34 PM
haha, thats why i put the pet bird in quotes... when i was younger i always said i wanted a pet bird but i understand these arnt pets, more of.... actually im not sure what kind of a title to give the relationship between a raptor and person.
easy, they are the hunter, we are the hunting dog (i.e. means to flush quarry/game).

borderhawk
04-30-2009, 09:13 PM
I like to think of it as an athlete/manager relationship..we set up the gigs and get all the tedious stuff done, and they dole out the one-two punch!

thunderheartiii
05-01-2009, 07:31 PM
"Yes but seldom do you have them at hello"

lol...Just poking a lil fun :D

dirthawker2004
05-01-2009, 07:56 PM
I like to think of more as a hunter \ tool relationship. the bird is the hunter and you as the falconer are a tool LOL.