Camping

Swimming

Hiking

Fishing

and Lots to eat

(More to come…)

As usual the THA will provide meat and soft drinks

for Saturday’s picnic

Members, PLEASE bring along the fixin’s, a side dish, or desert…

For more information about Lake Whitney and the East Lofer's Bend Campsite, where the picnic will be held, go to:

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/whitney/pages/grpelofers.htm

If you have any other questions about the picnic or the

directions noted below, please call or email John Graham:

John Graham contact Info -

Cell – 254-205-0087

Home – 254-582-3614

NorthDir@texashawking.org
Directions from the South

Take I-35 north to Loop 340 / FM 3051 / Lake Shore Drive exit # 339. Take this exit.

Make a left turn at light which will put you on west loop 340 / FM 3051.

Go straight to third light (about a mile or so) which will be FM 933. Make a right turn at this light going north on FM 933.

Stay on north FM 933 for 30 miles until you get to first light in Whitney. This will be the intersection of FM 933 and SH 22.

Make a left turn at this light which will make you go west on SH 22.

Drive 4.9 miles from this light and take a right turn at entrance to "Lofer's Bend Park".

Go straight to the first stop sign.

Take a right turn into East Lofer's Bend Park entrance.

Go to Ranger Station and they can point you to the actual campsite.

Directions from the North

Take I 35 east or west until you get to SH 77 / Spur 579 exit # 370.

Stay to the right onto Spur 579 going south heading straight towards Hillsboro.

Spur 579 will turn very shortly into SH 81, proceed straight on south SH 81 into town. SH 81 will then turn into Waco St. when you reach Hillsboro.

Make a right turn at second light in Hillsboro. The courthouse will be right there also.

This intersection is SH 81 / Waco St and SH 22 SH 171 / Elm St.

Go straight west on SH 22 out of Hillsboro. Whitney is approximately 12 miles from Hillsboro.

Once you get into Whitney, you will come to a "Y". Go left at this "Y" which is still west SH 22.

You will go straight through the one light which is the intersection of FM 933 and SH 22.

From this intersection you will go 4.9 miles and take a right turn at entrance to "Lofer's Bend Park".

Go straight to the first stop sign.

Take a right turn into East Lofer's Bend Park entrance.

Go to Ranger Station and they can point you to the actual campsite.

`Chris L.
05-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Oh how i wished I lived in Texas [smilie=BangHead.gif] . Sound like a lot of fun. Your club is amazing. You guys really have a great thing going there.

I donated gear and got a very professional thank you letter from the Club. I tell you that ment a lot to me. Then I recieved a fantastic publication from your club, something that was over and above what you guys had to do. I am not talking a little booklet, this was a professional publication. Very impressive [smilie=icon_pray.gif]

You guys seem very active with your members and plan great events. I can tell it is ran by professionals who care about the club and not just about those who are in the "click"

Texas Hawking Assoc. is top notch... Please let everyone know I appreciate it. I hope one day to be able to say I am a resident member.

wilded
06-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Chris, be sure and try to make it to Abilene this year for the Texas Winter Meet. This year will be a special meet as it will be THA's Silver Anniversary and Our 25th Annual Field Meet so make plans to come if you can. [smilie=banana.gif]

`Chris L.
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Chris, be sure and try to make it to Abilene this year for the Texas Winter Meet. This year will be a special meet as it will be THA's Silver Anniversary and Our 25th Annual Field Meet so make plans to come if you can. [smilie=banana.gif]

Ed, I just may be able to. Can you let me know dates ASAP so I can see if I can get the time to come. Man that would be great

let me know

wilded
06-13-2007, 01:10 PM
The THA Annual Meet always falls on Martin Luther King Weekend in January. This upcoming one should fall on Friday January 18th through Sunday January 20th. Hope to see your there. ET [smilie=banana.gif]