PDA

View Full Version : Need a Mentor

shannon holden
06-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi, my name is Shannon Holden. I am interested in becoming a falconer but I don't know how to find a mentor. I called the TWRA but he said that due to the privacy rights that he couldn't release any information about falconers. If you are interesed in helping me please email me at standardrex@hotmail.com

cnoel08
06-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Hey!
not many falconers in TN, i think there are about 23 or so, but you are in the right area, i think your side of the state has the bulk of them.
A member on here (hg750) (http://www.nafex.net/member.php?u=1000) is an apprentice in chattanooga, he could probably help you find someone in your area :) GL!

GONEHAWKN
06-05-2009, 04:29 AM
Shannon i will offer a little advice here. take the time, if you have not already got this mind set, and find a falconer/s to hang out with for a while. this will give you a chance to see what it is all about in person and to see the time and commitment involved to do it correctly. i have seen too many people want to give this a go only to realize that it takes more time than their willing to commit to........if your serious though, it is an amazing experience that still blows my mind after all these years......

shannon holden
06-05-2009, 09:13 PM
hey I work with greathorn when i was kinds

borderhawk
06-05-2009, 09:40 PM
hey I work with greathorn when i was kinds

This is not the same. This is a highly regulated hunting sport.

MadAustringer
06-06-2009, 03:25 AM
I was under the impression that Shannon was on here with the intent of meeting local falconers so she could arrange to go hunting with them and see if a sponsor apprentice relationship could develop provided that she is still interested. I do not see anything wrong with that.

Good luck flushing out the locals Shannon (dog)

Good hawking

everetkhorton
06-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Shannon:
Why not start off by tell everyone more about yourself. Do you have any other interest or hobby that may help you with falconry. Do you gun or bow hunt. Ride horses, train dogs. Nodal(spelling?) for cat fish <G>.