PDA

View Full Version : AFC Raptor Auction

ericedw
07-02-2009, 11:03 AM
AFC is currently holding an online raptor auction on our new website. This is a great opportunity to get a great deal on a new bird.

http://falconryconservancy.org/auction

jhausman
07-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Bump. Wanna keep this up in the list for awhile 'til the word gets out! Cheers!

sharptail
07-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi Jason,
Tell us about the birds in the auction! Who donated them? What kind of stock are they? What ever you happen to know!

jhausman
07-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Jason,
Tell us about the birds in the auction! Who donated them? What kind of stock are they? What ever you happen to know!

Hey Jeff,

Here you go! ;)

Click on "Raptors"

http://www.falconryconservancy.org/auction

Jason

Mitchellbrad
07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Jason,

I donated a chamber raised tiercel anatum. I can't call him a Canadian anatum because his father was produced by Joe Terry. Mark Kidman flew the bird at around 26 ounces. A megga tiercel. He killed mallards, pheasants and was flown off the fist at magpie's. The only other tiercel that big, chamber raised, I know of is Hannibal Eddie Pitchers' tiercel a nest mate of the Crip. The mother is Purdey. I don't think any of these birds are going to be near as big as Capt Krunch because a bird like him is often a once in a life time thing. His son and daughter from last year acquitted themselves well. The tiercel killed a few pheasants and did flatten some mallards and Pintails but they rolled back into the water. The sister killed ducks and a Canada goose.

jhausman
07-02-2009, 05:05 PM
I donated a chamber raised tiercel anatum. I can't call him a Canadian anatum because his father was produced by Joe Terry. Mark Kidman flew the bird at around 26 ounces. A megga tiercel. He killed mallards, pheasants and was flown off the fist at magpie's. The only other tiercel that big, chamber raised, I know of is Hannibal Eddie Pitchers' tiercel a nest mate of the Crip. The mother is Purdey. I don't think any of these birds are going to be near as big as Capt Krunch because a bird like him is often a once in a life time thing. His son and daughter from last year acquitted themselves well. The tiercel killed a few pheasants and did flatten some mallards and Pintails but they rolled back into the water. The sister killed ducks and a Canada goose.

Must admit I am salivating over this bird! Too many horses in the barn though... argh!

Chris L.
07-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I donated a Tiercel Harris from my project. He will be from this years hatch.

The parents of this bird are proven game hawks and have produced very gamey offspring. Last years offspring took Geese, ducks, sqr, crow... even bound to a bob cat. All of the birds out of this pair are very mellow mannered with no screaming issues. One of the members on here has a tiercel from last years hatch out of this pair. His name is loopi ( Chip), there are a few others who have seen his tiercel fly. They call him Rooty.

Good luck to all.

I will post pictures of him on here

jhausman
07-02-2009, 05:21 PM
I donated a Tiercel Harris from my project. He will be from this years hatch.

The parents of this bird are proven game hawks and have produced very gamey offspring. Last years offspring took Geese, ducks, sqr, crow... even bound to a bob cat. All of the birds out of this pair are very mellow mannered with no screaming issues. One of the members on here has a tiercel from last years hatch out of this pair. His name is loopi ( Chip), there are a few others who have seen his tiercel fly. They call him Rooty.

Good luck to all.

I will post pictures of him on here

I thought you were giving ME that bird! Dude, seriously, where is the love!

Chris L.
07-02-2009, 05:42 PM
I thought you were giving ME that bird! Dude, seriously, where is the love!

bro anytime you need a bird, come down and get you one on me beeer.. That's how we roll!!!

matter of fact 2 pairs I thought were done have eggs in the nest AGAIN, found them this morning!!! Damn its JULYfrus I am not doing a thing with them..I am adopting Brad's philosophy, not messing with a thing, they parents will do everything.

jhausman
07-02-2009, 05:49 PM
bro anytime you need a bird, come down and get you one on me beeer.. That's how we roll!!!

matter of fact 2 pairs I thought were done have eggs in the nest AGAIN!!! Damn its JULYfrus I am not doing a thing with them..I am adopting Brad's philosophy, not messing with a thing, they parents will do everything.

Do you think they will have any Gyrkins?! LOLOLOLOL ;)

Mitchellbrad
07-02-2009, 07:03 PM

matter of fact 2 pairs I thought were done have eggs in the nest AGAIN, found them this morning!!! Damn its JULYfrus I am not doing a thing with them..I am adopting Brad's philosophy, not messing with a thing, they parents will do everything.

I've had that happen too. The falcon set for 30 some days, they were hollow. They laid again, those weren't.

Mitchellbrad
07-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Do you think they will have any Gyrkins?! LOLOLOLOL ;)

I have a friend with some white gyrkins. This is the first year for the pair. They laid, set and hatched all 4 birds. If I were to suggest he donate one to the auction I think our friendship would be on shaky ground. Soooo, it's best I keep my mouth shut <G>

FredFogg
07-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Jason,

Each bird says it is offered by Willhunt! Why doesn't it show that Chris or Brad or who ever has donated the bird? Maybe Oscar can fix that! I know folks will bid higher knowing where these fine birds came from. And a huge thanks to all of you that donated birds and other stuff! clappclappclapp

Duh, scrap that Jason, just realized I needed to scroll down to see who donated them! Brain fart on my part! LOL

jhausman
07-02-2009, 09:20 PM
I have a friend with some white gyrkins. This is the first year for the pair. They laid, set and hatched all 4 birds. If I were to suggest he donate one to the auction I think our friendship would be on shaky ground. Soooo, it's best I keep my mouth shut <G>

This is my sad face.... :(

jhausman
07-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Jason,

Each bird says it is offered by Willhunt! Why doesn't it show that Chris or Brad or who ever has donated the bird? Maybe Oscar can fix that! I know folks will bid higher knowing where these fine birds came from. And a huge thanks to all of you that donated birds and other stuff! clappclappclapp

Duh, scrap that Jason, just realized I needed to scroll down to see who donated them! Brain fart on my part! LOL

Bingo!

skooky20
08-20-2009, 11:03 PM
i am the proud new owner of the nice male harris that chris donated to the auction. he is currently sitting on my fist as i type this. i got him to jump to my fist this morning and is doing well. i have named him nikon to compliment my other male harris nitro. i will start a log in a few days once i get the creance out.

Dillon
08-21-2009, 08:22 PM
i am the proud new owner of the nice male harris that chris donated to the auction. he is currently sitting on my fist as i type this. i got him to jump to my fist this morning and is doing well. i have named him nikon to compliment my other male harris nitro. i will start a log in a few days once i get the creance out.

Dude-- don't you live in Arizona? And now you have TWO captive-bred male Harris' hawks? And look at your signature! crazyy

Dillon

skooky20
08-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Dude-- don't you live in Arizona? And now you have TWO captive-bred male Harris' hawks? And look at your signature! crazyy

Dillon

I moved back to new york and i put that as my signature after watching a cast of passage harris hawks. i have always wanted to fly a cast of males. i would have trapped a passage male if i had stayed in arizona. o well jobs make life decisions grandcrazyy