PDA

View Full Version : Number of members

Saluqi
07-02-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm curious how many members the AFC currently has, anyone know that stat?

jhausman
07-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm curious how many members the AFC currently has, anyone know that stat?

Paul,

I am getting you an answer to your question. I do not know the current count. But I believe it is nearing 300. I will have an answer for you soon though.

Thanks!

Jason

jhausman
07-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Actually, it is 94! oh, wait... we just had another sign up. 95. BUT! We fight like the mighty 300 (Spartans)! boxingg

;)

Mitchellbrad
07-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Actually, it is 94! oh, wait... we just had another sign up. 95. BUT! We fight like the mighty 300 (Spartans)! boxingg

;)

I thought this quote might be appropriate

"Both ancient and modern writers have used the Battle of Thermopylae as an example of the power of a patriotic army of freemen defending native soil."

jhausman
07-02-2009, 10:51 PM
I thought this quote might be appropriate

"Both ancient and modern writers have used the Battle of Thermopylae as an example of the power of a patriotic army of freemen defending native soil."

Bravo my friend! Bravo!

Saluqi
07-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Wow, only 94? I would have thought that with so many folks leaving NAFA they would join AFC. Maybe people feel that a strong national organization is irrelevant....

joekoz
07-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Wow, only 94? I would have thought that with so many folks leaving NAFA they would join AFC. Maybe people feel that a strong national organization is irrelevant....

I believe that in today's society here in the United State it is absolutely essential that people sharing a special interest that is regulated, join together to insure that their position is hear and properly represented to the regulators. With that said, I did not renew my membership in NAFA this year. I don't have any personal first hand insight into the inner workings of NAFA, but the signs of a dysfuntional organization are very obvious and I have no interest in being associated with a dysfuntional group.

Strong organizations have no problem attracting new members and the revenue required to insure their long term viability. If NAFA had its act together it wouldn't bother me if the annual membership fee were $100.00 per year, and I would be happy to call myself a member.

jhausman
07-03-2009, 11:49 AM

Thanks for being interested Paul! I really appreciate your continued interested! I hope we can hawk together sometime. You live in my DREAM STATE! I have wanted to live there since I was there as a boy. My wife is sick of hearing me talk about it!

Now... as for our numbers! :)

Actually it is now 96. :D

We look at it this way. We have a strong organization dedicated to helping falconry. Period. We have a 96 member board! We talk to our members via phone, email and NAFEX. We are literally a phone call away from jumping ALL OVER an issue. These issues can be National, International or State. Hell, they can be personal! WE are here. We are falconers FOR falconers. We listen, we care and we are not going anywhere. Whether we are 5 strong or 5000 we are going to continue to work for falconry here and abroad as we have always done. We will also continue to be run by our membership, and accessible! Call me anytime. 704-906-3136 we are ready to listen and ACT for our membership. Because WE ARE our membership.

Jason

wesleyc6
07-03-2009, 12:30 PM
It is about to be 97:D

jhausman
07-03-2009, 12:49 PM
It is about to be 97:D

Wes,

So pleased to hear it Wes! Couldn't have a better guy with us!

Jason

wyodjm
07-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks for being interested Paul! I really appreciate your continued interested! I hope we can hawk together sometime. You live in my DREAM STATE! I have wanted to live there since I was there as a boy. My wife is sick of hearing me talk about it!

Now... as for our numbers! :)

We look at it this way. We have a strong organization dedicated to helping falconry. Period. We have a 96 member board! We talk to our members via phone, email and NAFEX. We are literally a phone call away from jumping ALL OVER an issue. These issues can be National, International or State. Hell, they can be personal! WE are here. We are falconers FOR falconers. We listen, we care and we are not going anywhere. Whether we are 5 strong or 5000 we are going to continue to work for falconry here and abroad as we have always done. We will also continue to be run by our membership, and accessible! Call me anytime. 704-906-3136 we are ready to listen and ACT for our membership. Because WE ARE our membership.

Jason

clapp That's good enough for me.

Lee Slikkers
07-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I unfortunately let my membership lapse but I intend to renew when my "play cash" stash refills...

jhausman
07-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I unfortunately let my membership lapse but I intend to renew when my "play cash" stash refills...

It'll be good to have you back Lee! How are your birds doing brother?!

Lee Slikkers
07-03-2009, 03:32 PM
It'll be good to have you back Lee! How are your birds doing brother?!

Birds are well...as soon as I find homes for my last 2 male HH's things will be back to "normal" and I could even use some of that $ to renew, grin.

I assume yours are doing ok as well?

jhausman
07-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Birds are well...as soon as I find homes for my last 2 male HH's things will be back to "normal" and I could even use some of that $ to renew, grin.

I assume yours are doing ok as well?

Glad to hear it! I am stripping my number of birds down to two (I think). The Aplomado's are already heading out and the Barbary pair might be up for sale soon. I need to simplify. My life is far too complex to be dealing with so many birds. Will be flying Mojo (my 4 yr old Black GyrXPeales) and a new Black 3/4 Black GyrXPeales. Kite training through Sept. Can't wait!

J.

crbhawking
07-03-2009, 10:45 PM
I must say as a member of the AFC I have been extremely impressed with their ability to communicate with their members. What I look for in a club is one that keeps their members informed and so the more e-mails I receive the better the club. THA is also goo about this.

jhausman
07-03-2009, 11:35 PM
I must say as a member of the AFC I have been extremely impressed with their ability to communicate with their members. What I look for in a club is one that keeps their members informed and so the more e-mails I receive the better the club. THA is also goo about this.

Thanks Cody!

Mitchellbrad
07-04-2009, 09:08 AM

THA is the best about disseminating information! I'm constantly getting information from them and love it.

Brad

Ken S.
07-04-2009, 09:24 AM

I sent in my application to the AFC too this year, but I've not given up on NAFA yet and I renewed with them as well. In my region, I get regular emails from my NAFA rep (Eric Edwards) and I'm on the NAFA email list so I get those emails too (from Dan C.).

Roper
07-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Joe you make me laugh (in a good way ),,, "disfunctional" you say..
you are a falconer right? isnt that a requirement of becoming a falconer?
dont they kinda go hand in hand.
can you spell disfunctional f-a-l :D:D:D;)

Migisi
07-10-2009, 10:03 AM
...Now... as for our numbers! :)

....We have a 96 member board!

Rather 96 informed and active members - than 1800 apathetic and uninvolved members.

Lee Slikkers
07-10-2009, 10:18 AM
I just renewed 2 days ago so that should make 97 members and counting...

jhausman
07-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I just renewed 2 days ago so that should make 97 members and counting...

We've had a lot of activity recently. We may have broken into triple digits?! Woo Hoo! Nice to see interest.

Thanks all.

Jason

Jimmy
07-10-2009, 12:57 PM
We may have broken into triple digits?!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight.
It's the size of the fight in the dog.

The AFC has proven to be good in the pit..........

AK Rev
09-10-2009, 01:35 AM
After speaking to Fred Fogg about it, I plan on joining as well. Don't know if you have any Alaska members yet but count me in.

STait
02-14-2011, 01:13 AM
I just sent in my online application, and waiting for approval. I can't believe the member numbers are so low when I read everything AFC has done. Come on guys and gals, membership fees amount to what one night out to dinner with the spouse costs.