PDA

View Full Version : Greetings everyone

Plantbreeder
07-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi, I'm a UK austringer, been in the sport for around 35 years. I have a small
farm in Norfolk. I also have 2 types of dog, a guard dog of my own breeding,
and a Greyhound x Deerhound Longdog.
Why did I join this forum ? because I am very interested in Coopers Hawks.
We have very few over here, and I'd like to remedy that.

KidK
07-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Hello!

Welcome to NAFEX! (welc)

Cooper's hawks are my favorite raptor and I have flown a few here in the states over the last 13 years..

I prefer passage Cooper's over imprints, but am somewhat forced to fly imprints in the spring/summer because of the tough winters here in Michigan.

Please go to the User Control Panel (User CP) in the upper left corner of your screen and add your signature, using your real name. It is a requirement here on NAFEX to use your given name.

Have you flown Cooper's hawks in the UK in the past?

Best Regards,

tony123abc
07-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Not another damned Englishman. What is the world coming to? :D

everetkhorton
07-11-2009, 01:59 PM
(welc)to the forum. I flew a coopers last year, but I must say they are not my cup of tea. It was my first one. Love some photo of your dogs.

Plantbreeder
07-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Hello!

Welcome to NAFEX! (welc)

Please go to the User Control Panel (User CP) in the upper left corner of your screen and add your signature, using your real name. It is a requirement here on NAFEX to use your given name.

Best Regards,

I tried to do that, but could find no mention of signature, no place to put my
name, nothing to say that this was a requirement. If the mod cares to e-mail
me and explain, I'll be happy to do so.

tony123abc
07-11-2009, 04:08 PM
The internet name cops are out and about. Run! Run for your lives! Run I tell you run!

Plantbreeder
07-11-2009, 04:38 PM
The internet name cops are out and about. Run! Run for your lives! Run I tell you run!

O.K., so here I am, didn't realise you was on here too, never mind, I can
take it. Now, where's all these guys that can help me with getting some
Coopers Hawks to the UK ?????

ATB, Tim.

dirtwinger
07-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Not another damned Englishman. What is the world coming to? :D
Welcome Plant Breeder, and Tony I us limies have feelings too!toungeout
One day we will return our wayward subjects back into the warm caring bosom of the British Empire.

God save the Queen

dirtwinger
07-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Plant Breeder in reference to your question I know Jeff Dalton imported some wild Swainsons Hawks taken from New mexico a few years back. I know the guy who trapped them so I will ask him. He rehabs tons of Coops every year and is part of a breeding co op exporting falcons every year so he knows the hoops to jump through. Give me a few days to see what I can find out.

all the best

Plantbreeder
07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Plant Breeder in reference to your question I know Jeff Dalton imported some wild Swainsons Hawks taken from New mexico a few years back. I know the guy who trapped them so I will ask him. He rehabs tons of Coops every year and is part of a breeding co op exporting falcons every year so he knows the hoops to jump through. Give me a few days to see what I can find out.
all the best

That is excellent news, thanks !
I'll be impatiently waiting to hear from you.

barnaby
07-13-2009, 06:23 AM
Hi pal wev bowth dun the saem thing on this forum looking for the coop,s and inporting them.

sumthink wil tern up i think her just got to fiend a breeder of them on her??

And see if therl help,

good luck maet

tony123abc
07-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Geez, more damn Englishmen! Curse you Al gore. Curse you and all you progeny to Detriot.

Plantbreeder
07-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Geez, more damn Englishmen! Curse you Al gore. Curse you and all you progeny to Detriot.

Tony, be warned, we are taking the empire back ! Little by little, you won't
notice until it's too late. peacee