PDA

View Full Version : Sadie looking back at you

Kenn Filkins
07-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Here is a pick from yesterday when Sadie was looking back at me, as she often does....

I hope you enjoy it.... I did!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/jaakmerlin/SadieUPsideDownSM.jpg

Hawkmom
07-15-2009, 08:35 AM
It is great when we catch those moments as a photo.

Kenn Filkins
07-15-2009, 09:12 AM
It is great when we catch those moments as a photo.

Kitty,

You are right. And this hawk is such a joy. She is tame as a kitten in the mew and with people, but she is as fearless as a wolverine while hunting.

cliffw
07-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Kenn

What kind of Hawk is she? She is Beautiful.

Kenn Filkins
07-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Kenn

What kind of Hawk is she? She is Beautiful.

Hi Cliff,

Sorry. I should have mentioned that.

She is an '08 female Harris Hawk from Dan Pike's project in Washington state. She is just getting into her adult plumage.

She comes from great bloodlines and is just an awesome game hawk. Her only disability is her falconer..... Me. frus

She is as sweet as she is beautiful.

"Sadie" means Princess....

Heatherg
07-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Great picture Kenn!!! :D Mine make me smile everyday, when they do that!

Kenn Filkins
07-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Great picture Kenn!!! :D Mine make me smile everyday, when they do that!

Thanks Heather,

l love the personality of HHawks.... too.

Lee Slikkers
07-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Great shot Kenn! Is she really that "grey" vs dark brown or is it the lighting?

Kenn Filkins
07-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Great shot Kenn! Is she really that "grey" vs dark brown or is it the lighting?

Lee,

It's the light. She is so dark it's almost black...

jason vandewettering
07-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Here is a pick from yesterday when Sadie was looking back at me, as she often does....

I hope you enjoy it.... I did!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/jaakmerlin/SadieUPsideDownSM.jpg

That is NOT the Sadie I know! Its almost as bad as watching kids grow up isn't it? Oh man. I miss those guys.

Kenn Filkins
07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
That is NOT the Sadie I know! Its almost as bad as watching kids grow up isn't it? Oh man. I miss those guys.

Jason,

If you miss them that much, we may just bring them out the Virginia to go hawking with you and see your wonderful family.

jason vandewettering
07-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Jason,

If you miss them that much, we may just bring them out the Virginia to go hawking with you and see your wonderful family.

That would be awesome. You know you're always invited. I still haven't met up with any VA falconers yet. I haven't seen too many on NAFEX, they all use a yahoo group for VA falconers. I haven't been able to figure out how to use that yet. Haven't had a ton of time anyway. Learning a new job, unpacking boxes, taking care of the kids, getting to know the area, and all this while Becca is laid up waiting for knee surgery frus. That last one definately throws a wrench into everything. Fortunately she is finally going to meet with the surgeon on Monday.

So anyway, like I told you before, there is TONS of game down here. CTs everywhere. Since I haven't meet up with any falconers, or hunters for that matter, I haven't figured out at what time of year the fleas drop off the buggers. If they stay as infested as they are now, I don't want anything to do with them. I have a great area to set up a mews and weathering area if I can make time to do it. It's more than just building the weathering area, I still have to make sure I'm going to have time to train a bird too.

Cheers,

Kenn Filkins
07-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Jason,

Keep us posted on when Becca's surgery is going to happen. You all, and her surgery, are in our thoughts and prayers.

All the Best,

Cory Martin
07-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey Jason...I was wandering what "CTs" are.

Ross.Spafford
07-18-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm guessing Cotton Tails.

Kenn Filkins
07-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Yes, CTs are cottontail rabbits.... Acronyms abound in our culture today... Texting and such....

I like the one UNA which stands for "use no acronyms" to which I think, "You just USED an acronym!" fishslap

Cory Martin
07-18-2009, 05:36 PM
lol....thnx. I was trying to figure it out, but didn't think of cottontail.