PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Raptor Girl
07-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Howdy, My name is Christa I am 23 and live near San Antonio, TX Country Side. I have always had a nak with Falconry. I have been doing a TON of research (contacting parks/wildlife, getting membership in the THA, the modern apprentice, 21CFR and TPWD laws, etc...) I know what im getting myself into... I am Single, have no kids, not married nor planning on having kids/getting married. I have aquired some contacts in the centeral texas area. I want an Apprenticeship and plan on dedicating all to falconry, I will train and hunt my hawk on a daily basis. I hope to someday catch a red-tailed hawk under my Sponsors word. What my sponsor says is law. Falconry is alot like Flying a plane, there's alot to it that the regular joe don't know what he's getting himself into nor can live up to what hes getting himself into. Im very serious about this... I have access to MANY great hunting areas :D (I always hunt almost year around.) So if anyone wants to hunt their hawk I will be more than happy to grant access and help flush game. rtsqrl Any help would be greatly appreciated!

daphilster08
07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Welcome I am new too! I am a 19 year old college student that have been researching as well!! Good luck with catching your red tail! I think I am going to take a different path, and trap an American Kestrel until I get my own place and a bigger coop! thumbsupp

Raptor Girl
07-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Awesome! Keep in touch. I hope all goes well for ya, Im doing the college thing again but under awesome circumstances. I love American Kestrels to but my dream bird is a Red-tail. GOOD LUCK! I wish the best for ya.

BrianD
07-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Boy are the Sig police gonna get you two.

Welcome and good luck.

daphilster08
07-20-2009, 11:21 PM
^^ I think we gotta put our name in our sigs?

Anyway, what are you going to college for? I have family in Texas so I am there every couple years!

Raptor Girl
07-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Aviation... Right now Avionics, getting my license in Radiotelephone and Radar. LMAO you guys are funny

frootdog
07-21-2009, 05:43 AM
Christa,

Welcome aboard and good luck on your quest.(welc)

You are more than welcome to come up here and go hunting any time. I fly year round. Right now I am flying an imprint female cooper's hawk, and an imprint male goshawk. In the Winter I will be flying a HH and the gos.

uglybear
07-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Welcome and good luck I would love to help you out but im in uk..

Saluqi
07-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Christa,

Welcome! Sounds like you're getting into falconry with eyes wide open, good job.

Please edit your user CP and add your name to your signature, keeps folks on a first name friendly basis. Thanks.

Saluqi
07-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Welcome I am new too! I am a 19 year old college student that have been researching as well!! Good luck with catching your red tail! I think I am going to take a different path, and trap an American Kestrel until I get my own place and a bigger coop! thumbsupp

Hi Philster,

Add your name yo your user CP please. Just an FYI, but you won't be eligible to fly a coops until your general falconer, but if you get your own place you'll have more room to build a mews!

everetkhorton
07-21-2009, 10:12 AM
(welc) Christa, sounds like you have all your ducks in a row. Have fun and post often.

jkruer01
07-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Welcome!

Jeremy

tony123abc
07-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Welcome guys.