PDA

View Full Version : NC Peregrine Lottery Info

jhausman
07-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I received this information this morning from Dr. David Cobb of NC Wildlife Resources Commission. This is history Ladies and Gentlemen. We are all very excited. I cannot thank David and Chris McGrath, of the Atlantic Flyway Council, as well as all the commissioners of NCWRC enough for what they, most certainly, helped the NCFG achieve here.

Gentlemen,

The Peregrine Falcon Permit Application is now available for sale to residents and nonresidents by telephone (1-888-248-6834) or mail-in application. Below is the link to the application which contains permit requirements and important deadline information.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg01_License/documents/PermitHunt/2009-10_Peregrine_Falcon_Permit_Appl.pdf

You can also get to this link from www.ncwildlife.org, click on the "Permit Hunt Opportunities" icon on the right, then scroll down to the "Peregrine Falcon-Migrant Permit Application" link.

Note that the deadline for applications is August 14. We then anticipate having the permit draw completed no later than August 20, one month before the season opens.

Please distribute this information to members of the NCFG and others. If you have any questions or comments, let me know. Thanks!

David

Saluqi
07-21-2009, 09:48 AM
That's fantastic Jason! Good luck to all who apply!

jhausman
07-21-2009, 10:04 AM
That's fantastic Jason! Good luck to all who apply!

Thanks Paul!

FredFogg
07-21-2009, 10:07 AM
AWESOME! My application will be in the mail today!

Jason, what is the WRC Customer #? I don't have one of those. Also, why do they not ask for a state falconry permit #?

jhausman
07-21-2009, 10:17 AM
AWESOME! My application will be in the mail today!

Sorry Fred, I guess you did not see the fine print where it plainly states...

"Only 42 year old males, bald with white facial hair, born in Indiana and currently residing in Charlotte, NC are allowed to apply." Sorry Fred, Ben, Leon and Daren. Tuff break.

Though, Leon and Ben are frighteningly close to that description!

All that aside, I just got off the phone with NCWRC and I was the first applicant!!! Woo Hoo! ;)

jhausman
07-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Jason, what is the WRC Customer #? I don't have one of those. Also, why do they not ask for a state falconry permit #?

You do not need the WRC. Your drivers license number checked against your current address covers the "In State" information while the Fed number covers your license.

FredFogg
07-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Jason, I didn't think you had room on your permit for another bird? I guess if you win and I don't, you will have to transfer one of them to me! LOL. toungeout. :eek: :D

FredFogg
07-21-2009, 11:01 AM
I just called, I am in too! Yee Haa!

jhausman
07-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Jason, I didn't think you had room on your permit for another bird? I guess if you win and I don't, you will have to transfer one of them to me! LOL. toungeout. :eek: :D

I know Fred, you need to stop coming to my house in the middle of the night and counting my birds! Before I start doing the same with you! ;)

FredFogg
07-21-2009, 11:55 AM
I know Fred, you need to stop coming to my house in the middle of the night and counting my birds! Before I start doing the same with you! ;)

You can come count anytime you want, I only have one bird, the Finnish gos and he will be going back to Ling right after he starts nabbing a few ducks out of the air. I am just disappointed those aplo's and barbary's didn't come to stay with Uncle Fred, where's the love bro? :D

murraym
07-21-2009, 12:00 PM
I see even residents are required to have a NC falconry license. How much are they? I just pricelined the flight. Very doable. I may have to transfer my CB and trap a female passage. Then I would have a black banded male and black banded female.

FredFogg
07-21-2009, 12:09 PM
I see even residents are required to have a NC falconry license. How much are they? I just pricelined the flight. Very doable. I may have to transfer my CB and trap a female passage. Then I would have a black banded male and black banded female.

Matt, did you mean non-residents? It is only $10 for residents, I am not sure, but I think it is the same for non-residents. Jason can probably tell you.

murraym
07-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Matt, did you mean non-residents? It is only $10 for residents, I am not sure, but I think it is the same for non-residents. Jason can probably tell you.

I did mean non-residents. I am excited. I will be putting in today.

jhausman
07-21-2009, 01:07 PM

I know you meant "Non-resident" I do not believe you are correct on this one. That is why they are only asking for your Fed. Permit #. The Lottery is $5. No other costs involved other than travel.

*** and I stand corrected. YES you DO need an NC permit. I think Fred is right that they are just $10. I will double check that and post asap though!

Jason

Leon Crumpler
07-21-2009, 01:12 PM

"Only 42 year old males, bald with white facial hair, born in Indiana and currently residing in Charlotte, NC are allowed to apply." Sorry Fred, Ben, Leon and Daren. Tuff break.

All that aside, I just got off the phone with NCWRC and I was the first applicant!!! Woo Hoo! ;)

Jason,

I sure meet the physical qualifications with exception of age. I do wish all that want a passage peregrine the best and look forward to see them fly. I will be in Idaho and WY during that time but I will have my computer with me so keep me informed. I am really glad it has finally come together.

jhausman
07-21-2009, 01:25 PM

Jason,

I sure meet the physical qualifications with exception of age. I do wish all that want a passage peregrine the best and look forward to see them fly. I will be in Idaho and WY during that time but I will have my computer with me so keep me informed. I am really glad it has finally come together.

I will be sure to send you pics! :)

jhausman
07-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Non-Resident Falconry License is $10. This has been confirmed by NCWRC.

Thanks!

Jason

primos
07-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Jason,
Thanks for posting up the info..

FredFogg
07-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Jason,
Thanks for posting up the info..

Jason, this is an old thread on the lottery from 2009. Here is the one for this year.

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=11731

peregrinator
07-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Any update on the lottery for this year?