PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Birmingham, Alabama

Justin Monroe
07-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey all. I am here to soak up information.
My name is Justin Monroe and I am a 33 year old Tattoo artist from Birmingham, Alabama. I have two girls 8 and 4 and a Very understanding wife that lets me keep Rats in the freezer next to her Ice cream ;)

I have been wanting to get into falconry for ever and now is the time I feel I am Ready.
If any of you are here from Alabama and willing to share information and maybe let me get some hands on by helping you out doing anything at all.
Please let me know.
I can't wait to get to know all of you. I am sure there are some interesting stories and I look forward to hearing them.

Thanks Everyone.
I look foward to chatting with you.

Raptorick
07-29-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi Justin,
There are a few people on here from Alabama. I live in Somerville. My harris hawks are molting now. Flying a coopers thru the summer.
I see your a tattoo artist. How long have you been doing this?

My sport is diving and spear fishing. Lots a divers have tattoos of some sort. I have a spear fishing tattoo that I really like and designed another. Just took the pattern to an artist here in Decatur to draw up. His studio is called 'ALL THE RAGE'

Ross.Spafford
07-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey,

welcome to the forum.

Justin Monroe
07-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Hey guys. Thank you for having me here. About the Tattoo question. I started Tattooing in 94. I don't know if I can post a link here or not but http://www.myspace.com/C_atrox is my myspace page. Has a lot of my work on it. Check it out if you like Tattoos ;-)
Thanks for getting me here Ross.
I look forward to knowing everyone here.
Justin

Justin Monroe
07-29-2009, 11:03 AM
I have heard about you. Diving is something I have wanted to do for awhile. Where do you go in alabama? That's on my bucket list :)
Sounds like you have some good looking birds as well. I love the Harris hawks. And I hear the coopers are amazing animals if you have some special patience :)
I can't wait to be able to work with these Awesome Birds. If you ever need someone to keep you company on a hunt keep me in mind. Ill go trackin through some briars with ya.
Thanks again
Justin Monroe

Raptorick
07-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey guys. Thank you for having me here. About the Tattoo question. I started Tattooing in 94. I don't know if I can post a link here or not but http://www.myspace.com/C_atrox is my myspace page. Has a lot of my work on it. Check it out if you like Tattoos ;-)
Thanks for getting me here Ross.
I look forward to knowing everyone here.
Justin

Did you get your tegus from Bert Langerdorf? (spelling?)

I have a pair of peruvian RT's for sale from Jim Peters.

Raptorick
07-29-2009, 11:16 AM
you do good work too!
I should send you my design and see what you can do with it.

I sold a pair of tigers and one was an lavender albino. Still have huge canebrake and eastern diamond.

Raptorick
07-29-2009, 11:17 AM
I have heard about you. Diving is something I have wanted to do for awhile. Where do you go in alabama? That's on my bucket list :)
Sounds like you have some good looking birds as well. I love the Harris hawks. And I hear the coopers are amazing animals if you have some special patience :)
I can't wait to be able to work with these Awesome Birds. If you ever need someone to keep you company on a hunt keep me in mind. Ill go trackin through some briars with ya.
Thanks again
Justin Monroe

I need more spear fishing buddies too!

Jimmy
07-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Rick,
Don't forget to mention that we need a new brush beater. And that it just so happens that some fresh ink will be all we require to let him help us.......
and btw...... my new ink is healing like shit. But I'm headed back for more work on the other arm Saturday.

Kaden Stenlund
07-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Welcome, as you can see I'm not from Alabama but I have been there, anyways besides from getting involved with falconers in your state another thing you should do is contact you game and fish and get their falconry package(if you haven't already)

Justin Monroe
07-29-2009, 02:51 PM
I love the peters line peruvians. I am trying to get rid of my Retics right now to get into locality boas. So I wouldn't mind seeing them.

Yes I got my tegus from Bert. And after he past I went and got a pair of Reds from Timo.

I could shoot the crap out of some fish ;-)

And anytime you guys want tattoos you know you have something I want and I got something you want. I am sure we could come to an agreement :-)

Thanks guys.
Justin Monroe
205-370-5878

Jimmy
07-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Justin,
I host an annual mini-meet in Gay, GA. This year it'll likely be held the end of September, or the beginning of October. It's about a 3 hour drive, maybe a little less from you. Consider yourself invited, if you're interested. Maybe you can drag Rick's sorry ass up this way with you too. Even though I'm not sure those sissy HH's of his could take the heat........

Justin Monroe
07-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Sounds like you need to come see me. My stuff Rarely scabs usually peels and heals.

And. I could beat the crap outta some bushes to ;-)

Jimmy
07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
We don't beat bushes around here. We do pull some vines though!
You have a PM coming your way........

Justin Monroe
07-29-2009, 03:49 PM
I could pull vines too ;) Whatever. Spear fishing would be a blast. Tattooing you would be a hellofa lot of fun too. You guys just let me know.

And. Thank you for the Invite. You will see me there. No Doubt.

everetkhorton
07-31-2009, 04:48 AM
(welc) Justin!

Jimmy
08-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Hey Justin,
Is your arm still heavy from holding that little bird yesterday?

Chris L.
08-03-2009, 10:03 AM
I love the peters line peruvians. I am trying to get rid of my Retics right now to get into locality boas. So I wouldn't mind seeing them.

Justin,

had a litter of about 9 hog island boas a few weeks ago. I need to get pics of them. The females was normal and the male is poss super hypo. They made some great looking babies. Let me know if hogs are in your locality line up

Justin Monroe
08-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey Justin,
Is your arm still heavy from holding that little bird yesterday?

I'm good now ;) That little bird got kinda heavy there for a minute though ;) I'm gonna have to work on that muscle group.
Thanks for having us over though. All I've been thinkin about all day is Mews and traps :-)
The monster has been born. Now it will grow....

Justin Monroe
08-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Justin,

had a litter of about 9 hog island boas a few weeks ago. I need to get pics of them. The females was normal and the male is poss super hypo. They made some great looking babies. Let me know if hogs are in your locality line up

Are they pure hoggs with background info? I would like to see them if they are.