PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos for Falconry equipment

Justin Monroe
07-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Here is a New one for you ;)

I will trade Tattoo work for Falconry equipment. as well as.
Guns, knives, cameras, Cash, Snakes, blank checks, computers.
. Pretty much an endless list.
Mainly Falconry equipment though. ;)

P.S. Whoever takes me on as an apprentice gets free tattoos throughout the term of my apprenticeship ;)

Anyway. You can check the quality of my work out at http://www.myspace.com/C_atrox

I am in Birmingham, Alabama.

Thank for your time
Justin Monroe
205-370-5878

borderhawk
07-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Move to AZ and I'll sponsor you.

Justin Monroe
07-30-2009, 06:14 PM
I would love to move back to Arizona. I used to work out there in Tucson and Sierra Vista at The Enchanted Dragon.

That would be Amazing to fly your hawks off the side of the mountains out there.

Thanks Man. Maybe I can talk my wife into it :)

borderhawk
07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
I would love to move back to Arizona. I used to work out there in Tucson and Sierra Vista at The Enchanted Dragon.

I've been there! I lived in SV for a year before I moved to Fort Thomas. Those hills in Hereford and Miller Canyon have tons of rabbits but I was too afraid to lose a Redtail soaring over the hills and disappearing to Mexico.

Tanner
07-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Nice. My favorite is the dung beetle.:D

Justin Monroe
07-30-2009, 08:40 PM
yeah I like what is around the dung beetle ;)

Now. that mexico thing brings up a question. If your hawk was to fly into the mexican limits would it be legal for you to get it? Or, would they even go that far?

FredFogg
07-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Justin, have you done any raptor tatoo's? Not sure I would ever get a tatoo, but if I were to get one, it would defiantely be a raptor.

michaelberan
07-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Nice, I see all the parts and pieces for some awesome Falconry art, I might just have to drive over for a visit!
What kind of equipment you need?

borderhawk
07-30-2009, 09:44 PM
yeah I like what is around the dung beetle ;)

Now. that mexico thing brings up a question. If your hawk was to fly into the mexican limits would it be legal for you to get it? Or, would they even go that far?

I don't know about the legalities, but you've seen how close SV is to the border (which is how I came up with my username, while I was living there) It wouldn't take much for a soaring hawk or falcon at pitch to cross the line. There's a border crossing on the way to Bisbee through Naco, but I've never been that way and not sure how it would go over trying to take a hawk through it. I used to work at a vet in town that treated all the Border Patrol German Shepards, and they scare me.

Justin Monroe
07-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Really the only Raptor tattoos I get to do is the Bald eagle and golden eagle for the Harley stuff. Dont like doing that stuff but it pays the bills. I would Love to do a Huge Falconry piece on someone. Or a Giant Harpy Eagle :)

I need all Equipment. I am not a falconer yet. I am still trying to get my feet in the door so to speak but I am determined to do it so I am collecting all the equipment I can get my hands on for the day that someone gives me the question that I have waited sooo long to hear. You want me to sponsor you??? I want to be ready for that question ;)

Thanks
Justin Monroe
205-370-5878

Cory Martin
07-30-2009, 10:10 PM
you should contact your state falconry director and get a list of the current falconers there, and just try to call a couple general/master falconers and see if any would be willing to take you on as an apprentice.

Justin Monroe
07-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks Man. I just have a problem. People hate when you ask them to sponsor you. and that is the way I started.
But now I just want to prove myself to the point where someone sees it and decides I am ready. I dont know when I am ready only a General or Master Falconer can see that.

I really dont want to make any mistakes ;)
But. I will take all the information I can get. Thank you for your help Man.

Justin Monroe
205-370-5878

borderhawk
07-30-2009, 10:42 PM
just try to call a couple general/master falconers and see if any would be willing to take you on as an apprentice.

If that worked for you, count yourself lucky.

Some states do include a list of falconers with the falconry packet. And I would suggest checking with the state clubs. Potential sponsors do like to see you enthusiastic about beating bushes and stuff for them.

Cory Martin
07-30-2009, 10:55 PM
well, i had to ask for a list of falconers to get one. one thing you might try to do (if your state allows you to do it without a sponsor) is to go ahead and take the state exam and pass it...this would help show that you really are interested in taking the needed time to join the sport. or you can try asking to see their mews and see if they would care to answer some questions (will also help show you really are interested in getting started). just trying to help some.

Justin Monroe
07-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Thanks Cory. I appreciate your help. I am waiting to get a sponsor before I make any moves. I am very nervous about doing anything backwards or out of place. I'm getting old and only have one shot at this. I'm a perfectionist I guess. But, hopefully soon it will pay off.
I just want to learn every ounce that I can. So. Thanks for Everything

Justin Monroe
205-370-5878

samatney
07-31-2009, 03:52 AM
you really can't go wrong by taking and passing your exam first. Most potential sponsors would rather have it that way. Then they know you are ready to make the commitment. And that is how you get your foot in the door.

Meet with falconers, ask questions, beat brush, and read books, Read more books, and join the state club.

jmho

Raptorick
07-31-2009, 08:07 AM
There's a tatto thread.
http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=1623&highlight=tattoo

Justin Monroe
07-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Heck yeah. Love it Rick. Everyone needs Raptor Tattoos.

Ted Bell
07-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Here is a New one for you ;)

P.S. Whoever takes me on as an apprentice gets free tattoos throughout the term of my apprenticeship ;)

Justin
You know your sponsor has to sign off on you for you to end your apprenticeship and become a general? They can keep you in your apprenticeship for a very long time if there is a reason they need to, such as weak skills, or .... free tattoos. :D

Justin Monroe
07-31-2009, 06:19 PM
You know. I thought about that after I posted it ;(
Well by that time we will know each other good enough that they will get them anyway ;)
Or two years is along time. they will probably be fully covered by then anyway.
Hey the more I tattoo my sponsor and go to meets the more my sponsor makes me money by gettin me clients with my work ;) It will work out I guess. Then I put my money back into falconry.

Vicious circles

Ted Bell
07-31-2009, 06:59 PM
You know. I thought about that after I posted it ;(
Well by that time we will know each other good enough that they will get them anyway ;)
Or two years is along time. they will probably be fully covered by then anyway.
Hey the more I tattoo my sponsor and go to meets the more my sponsor makes me money by gettin me clients with my work ;) It will work out I guess. Then I put my money back into falconry.

Vicious circles

Vicious circles. That could be the name of a tattoo parlor/studio/shop (whatever they are called these days).

dirthawker2004
07-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Move to AZ and I'll sponsor you.

me to me to LOL. I would say if you can take your test then go to meets you will show that you are wanting to get into it and are dedicated.

Justin Monroe
08-01-2009, 04:35 AM
Wow. 2 sponsors in Arizona... I might just have to pack up and move back to my favorite place on earth.
So is the Falconry permit good for 40 years like the license?

dirthawker2004
08-01-2009, 12:37 PM
LOL ya right

Justin Monroe
08-01-2009, 01:03 PM
That's one thing that I love about Arizona. Drivers license good for 40 years. That just amazed me ;)

dirthawker2004
08-01-2009, 01:26 PM
ya that is nice but you still have to go back in every so many yrs and have your new pic taken

Ken S.
08-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I always thought that the cooper's hawk print from Roy Lee DeWitt would make a nice tattoo.

http://www.westernsporting.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/HRXA1201.jpg

There's one other pencil drawing I have of a RT mantling and looking back over her shoulder that I think would be an awesome tattoo on my back. :)

I'm in Maryland though, so I'm no help with the apprenticeship.

I've got another idea for you. How about setting up a tattoo booth at the NAFA meet!!! Falconry tattoos... I love it. You could make the whole trip a write-off for your business, and specialize in raptor tattoos. You could even tattoo small "game pins" on people. ;)

Justin Monroe
08-01-2009, 04:18 PM
I would Love to Tattoo a Coopers on someone. That is one Awesome looking Raptor...
I doubt I could set up a Tattoo booth at the NAFA meet do to legal issues but that would be killer if I could. I could probably come home with all kinds of equipment.

When is the meet this year? I havent joined NAFA yet because I have to have 2 people sign off on my application. Still trying to get that :)

Thanks Man
Justin Monroe
205-370-5878

Justin Monroe
08-01-2009, 04:19 PM
On second thought. I think I want to Tattoo a Coopers Hawk eating a Toe on someone.
Rick How about it. Sounds like you could get me some good pics of that ;)

MGermana
08-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey don't worry about a sponsor that should not be a problem... as long as you still continue to show an interest in hunting after going once or twice and of course continue to keep in touch. You just have to understand that this is my first year as a general class falconer and I have already had two people before you that wanted to become a falconer and I have not heard back from them in several months. Dedication... you show it and you will have a sponsor. I am finding out that there are a lot of people that think it sounds cool and then I guess they find out how much work is involved and they disappear or they think a RT is a cool looking pet. As far as things to get right now start with books. I will keep looking for some one a little closer to you, it will probably be better for your drive to be a little shorter to your sponsor's house. If I can't and you continue to show an interest don't worry I will sponsor you. Like I said don't worry you will get there as long as you keep trying.

Raptorick
08-01-2009, 07:16 PM
On second thought. I think I want to Tattoo a Coopers Hawk eating a Toe on someone.
Rick How about it. Sounds like you could get me some good pics of that ;)

She was a good girl today. Setting in the kitchen with one leg up. She flew pretty hard today and is as content as a vampire.

I think she may be getting over her little foot fettish, but ya never know I may get you that picture yet.

An accipiter tattoo would be the way to go alright and the coopers has the radical look. I have Roys cooper print on my wall as well.

FredFogg
08-01-2009, 07:48 PM
I always thought that the cooper's hawk print from Roy Lee DeWitt would make a nice tattoo.

http://www.westernsporting.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/HRXA1201.jpg

Yeah, I love that one! Here are a couple I like of my coops!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/20080603pic02Small.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/Inya.jpg

Justin Monroe
08-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Rick I am sure we can get a picture. Ill let that vampire chew on my toes just to get a picture to tattoo ;)

Fred... That last Picture is AWESOME.... My God.. I would love to tattoo that face on someone.

Raptorick
08-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Takes a certain personcrazyy to like that look. Their such little peckerheads!

Justin Monroe
08-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeah there isn't much like that coopers when it comes to looks. Evil little beast.. I would love to see yours fly sometime Rick.

michaelberan
08-01-2009, 09:59 PM
You could even tattoo small "game pins" on people. ;)

Seriously, you know how big that would be! The line would never end!

Justin Monroe
08-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Where is the meet at this year and when.
I'll start working on the legal aspects of it and maybe get it done ;)
Hell if nothing else. I'll set up in a motel room and tattoo the hell out of all of you ;)
That would pay for my trip, Fill me with information, and If you could give me a break for a couple hours it would feed my addiction to see these birds kill stuff ;)

FredFogg
08-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Where is the meet at this year and when.

Woodward, OK. Week of Thanksgiving!

Justin Monroe
08-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Heck yeah. I got family in Oklahoma. But the Tattoo laws there are gonna be HORRID... I'll do the Motel thing though. No doubt.
I will be there If all goes well peacee

Eagle Owl
08-02-2009, 01:09 AM
When is the meet this year? I havent joined NAFA yet because I have to have 2 people sign off on my application. Still trying to get that :)

Thanks Man
Justin Monroe
205-370-5878

Justin,

You only have to have 1 NAFA member or 2 other people (don't have to be falconers, can be anyone) sign your NAFA application. If you want to send me your application, I will sign it for you and mail it to NAFA for you. All I ask is to be first in line for a tat at the meet in OK!;) :D

michaelberan
08-02-2009, 01:52 AM
It was my idea I'm first in line, send ME your NAFA application, I'll pay your fee!
toungeout Bambi

:)

Dirthawking
08-02-2009, 02:01 AM
Okay, send Michael your app, he will pay your dues. I will pay for the room for one night for head of the line priveledge! toungeout

This keeps up and you will make money on the meet!

Eagle Owl
08-02-2009, 02:02 AM
It was my idea I'm first in line, send ME your NAFA application, I'll pay your fee!
toungeout Bambi

:)

jaww That's not nice, Michael! I offered first!box2:D

Justin Monroe
08-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Wow. This stuff is working out ;)
I will actually be comming to Oklahoma City pretty soon. I will be working out of my nephews house. If you want. I will post you guys / Girls a message when I am headed that way. Some time fairly soon. Within the next month or two.
If you want me to notify you. Add me to your friends on here and I will send out a note.
I want to meet falconers all over the country. I don't plan on staying in alabama to hunt all the time. I'm gonna need some hunting buddies.

michaelberan
08-02-2009, 09:48 AM
I will be working out of my nephews house.

Oklahoma City is 12 hrs away from me so I have to wait till the NAFA meet!

Justin Monroe
08-02-2009, 12:36 PM
How far away is birminggham Alabama from you? I travel a lot ;)