PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

tweets_4611
06-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi! I found this forum thru someone on my reptile forum and thought I would take a look around ^_^ I don't own any birds, and realy don't even know anything about them, but what I have learned I found fasinating and thought I would creep around here to learn somemore. :D I'm going to school in Oklahoma and have been looking at stuff like this in my spare time. I have a ball python that is about a year old, and a friend of mine and I are looking to start breeding balls in the next few years or so. Anyways, just thought I'd introduce myself, since I'm probably going to be the one posting the basic questions in all the posts ^_^

Shannon [smilie=sunny.gif]

`Chris L.
06-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Shannon,
great to have you here. It is always good to get new people interested in falconry. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask. There is a falconer on here named Chris K., I think he lives in oklahoma as well. Dont hesitate to ask questions and I hope you enjoy the forums

again welcome.

everetkhorton
06-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Shannon:
I am not a snake person but there are some on the site. One point of interest is raising rats for food for the snakes. I call them the rat pack. It has been interesting to see the rat pack grow. They also use the rats for the falconry birds along with there snakes. Watch out that the falconry bug does not bite you. Have fun.

tweets_4611
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks! Just wondering, is there somewhere in the forum that has kinda a list of basic care, or what some of the abriviations or terms mean? I'm really incredably new to this, and don't entierly understand what I'm reading in some of the posts :P

tweets_4611
06-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Shannon:
I am not a snake person but there are some on the site. One point of interest is raising rats for food for the snakes. I call them the rat pack. It has been interesting to see the rat pack grow. They also use the rats for the falconry birds along with there snakes. Watch out that the falconry bug does not bite you. Have fun.

Haha, I have to hope I don't get bit too soon...I live in the dorms, and although I can sneak my snake in, I'm thinking keeping a BOP would be just a bit different [smilie=eusa_think.gif] haha

My friend and I are actually about to start breeding rats for our snakes, and someone mentioned that if we ever have a surplus of rats, that maybe some of the falconry people would be interested in them. Of course I don't know how the rat thing is going to go, but just in case... :P

`Chris L.
06-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks! Just wondering, is there somewhere in the forum that has kinda a list of basic care, or what some of the abriviations or terms mean? I'm really incredably new to this, and don't entierly understand what I'm reading in some of the posts :P

Shannon,
We have a section here http://www.nafex.net/index.php?f=43 that has some basic terms and some resources that may be helpful to you also you can ask basic questions that you may have there as well.

This is a great web site that can answer many of the basic questions you may have. Very well put together and very easy to navigate http://www.themodernapprentice.com/

tweets_4611
06-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Ah! thank you! ^_^ I completely skipped over that section when I was looking around earlier. And that site is really helpful! :D I'm going to lurk around somemore and see what else I can pick up on today [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]