PDA

View Full Version : Hallo from Dubai

Little Joe
09-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi,

Just joined your forum and I hope to learn a lot and contribute the little that I know.

I'm a South African living in Dubai and I'm in the fortunate position to get paid doing falconry.

Kind regards,
Jannes Kruger

tony123abc
09-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Welcome on over big guy. You will like it here too. So how was Asia?Tony

Little Joe
09-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Welcome on over big guy. You will like it here too. So how was Asia?Tony

Thanks Tony, Im seeing quite few familiar names here ;)

Asia? confusedd

AK Rev
09-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Hello Jannes and welcome. Tell us more about your work? Any photos?

Big Foot
09-11-2009, 01:05 PM
the world is small with the internet- happy to meet see you again! was the goldie site any good for you?

PeteJ
09-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Welcome aboard, good to see you here, enjoy yourself and come on in...the water is fine!

Little Joe
09-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Hello Jannes and welcome. Tell us more about your work? Any photos?

I used to fly peregrines at pigeons - pest control at hotels, etc. but will soon be heading a brand new falconry centre aimed at entertaining tourists. A more settled job if you like, for more money and a bigger variety of birds. Only issue is that I really miss hunting - illegal in the UAE.

I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how. There are a few differences between this site's and the IFF's interfaces.

Little Joe
09-11-2009, 01:45 PM
the world is small with the internet- happy to meet see you again! was the goldie site any good for you?

Thanks mate. Only had a quick look - but when I start working the girl intensively I will refer back. Have a few sources saved up now that I will look up again when needed. Thanks again.

AK Rev
09-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Here is a link that walks you through posting photos. It's easy after you get a photo account.

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=1407

tony123abc
09-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Asia? I thought you aid you were going to Asia for a vacation of sorts. I guess I had you confused with someone else. So, how's Dubai then?

Little Joe
09-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Welcome aboard, good to see you here, enjoy yourself and come on in...the water is fine!

Thanks Pete, the water seems less turbulent than on the sister site. Like it better this way - the less stress, the more learning... I think.

Little Joe
09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Here is a link that walks you through posting photos. It's easy after you get a photo account.

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=1407

You're a gent. Thanks Brian.

Little Joe
09-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Asia? I thought you aid you were going to Asia for a vacation of sorts. I guess I had you confused with someone else. So, how's Dubai then?

I would love to go! :D

Dubai is still damn hot Tony, but hopefully it will start cooling down soon. I've just moved out of the city to a lovely farm away from the traffic and bustle, and started manning my first Golden, so life is good.

tony123abc
09-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Good for you. Remeber to post updates as we love to read about new stuff. Have a good day.

eagle-eyrie
09-12-2009, 01:53 AM
welcome jannes

i just joined as well and already been met with words of wisdom from the guys on here. looking forward to hearing more about your activities in the new job.

good hawking

dylan