PDA

View Full Version : Photo Albums in User Profile

KidK
09-11-2009, 09:12 PM
I just discovered that we can create our own Photo Albums in our User Profiles. Pretty cool!

If you click on your profile, there is an "Album" tab on the lower right side. You can fill it with up to 60 photos. It also resizes photos that are too large.

I have added a few pics in my album.

http://www.nafex.net/album.php?albumid=1

hawkstir
09-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Just a few! Nice pics. That is pretty neat. I'll work on that one also soon.

Bryant Tarr
09-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Cool! I'll start one too in a bit.

morb
09-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Mine doesn't seem to have one

KidK
09-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Um..

I don't seem to see on in anyone elses profile either?

What is up with that?

hawk_1_lawman_2
09-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Mine is either not working or I don't have one either.

Tony

KidK
09-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Na, na, na, na, na..

Chris L. likes me best! toungeout

michaelberan
09-12-2009, 05:25 PM
I can't find mine!

tumble
09-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Na, na, na, na, na..

Chris L. likes me best! toungeout

Gettin' awfully liberal with that tongue lately Kory...

Nice shots, btw. I'm partial to the winter photos.

hawkstir
09-12-2009, 06:15 PM
I just looked and didn't see that tab.

Chris, what's up with that? confusedd

Dirthawking
09-12-2009, 07:12 PM
I have one! Must be a mod thing....toungeout

I did a little poking around. I be this is a mistake even on the mod side. You should not be able to load pictures onto NAFEX. Chris has it set up for an off site storage tool like photobucket. Using this upload to nafex album will cause storage issues.

Just my thought. I am sure Chris will figure it all out. :D

Chris L.
09-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Yeah I did make it a mod thing for some reason confusedd

Dirthawking
09-13-2009, 12:24 PM
So as to not take up the band width on NAFEX, I would recommend that if somebody wants to start a "photo album" on here, to just start a thread in off topic, and use photobucket, flicker, etc... to start one. If you don't want people to comment on your pictures, then say so. Start the thread off with an introduction post and let everybody know who you are, and what pictures they are going to see. Seems like a simple fix to me, and will not tie up NAFEX.

Maybe Chris can start a new forum section just for this idea....

Dirthawking
09-13-2009, 12:30 PM
So I just went and looked through all the forums. There is a section in Town Hall for hunting photos. I would recommend that everybody start their photo album threads there.

http://www.nafex.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33

The good thing about have a photo album thread off the band width of NAFEX is you will not be limited on number of pictures you can post.

If anybody is interested and does not know how to post photos. Go to: http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=1407 to learn how. I will be starting mine here shortly!

Hunter45
09-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Digital photography has truly revolutionized how we can share our great pics w/each other. I'm currently digitizing a 400 ft. reel of Super 8mm film and about 100 slides from the mid-60's (when I was only 21) that has footage from the '66 NAFA Meet in Centerville, SD and other '60s era falconry, and the slides (Beebe, Webster, Hunter, et al were younger than I am NOW!) really took me back to my beginnings in the sport. I've even got a great one as a much younger man of dear recently departed Lou Woyce.

Pics on this site are one of the things that make it special. Continuing to make it easier and easier to do is a great idea. I haven't looked at how we can or cannot, but what about video? Do we just do links to You-Tube? Keeping videos "among us" would seem prudent. Issues? Ideas? Policies (existing or otherwise)? for video?

Any comments on this Kory, or anyone else?

Dirthawking
09-13-2009, 01:55 PM
You can always post videos as well. You accomplish this the same way you do pictures. Very easy to do.

Most people, myself included, like to post pictures/video of my current bird in my thread about that/those birds. Video's from the past are always welcome.

I think the point I am trying to make, is that pictures and videos are always welcome no matter where on NAFEX it is you choose to post them. If you want all your pictures and videos in one spot, start a thread.

Chris L.
09-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Do we just do links to You-Tube? Keeping videos "among us" would seem prudent. Issues? Ideas? Policies (existing or otherwise)? for video?

Any comments on this Kory, or anyone else?

Greg,

I can say, on NAFEX, the more pictures and Video the better. I really enjoy seeing everyone pictures and videos

To post a you tube video just cut and paste the link into your post and the forum will take care of the importing. I have software on the forum that will bring the video to the post from you tube so you don't even have to leave NAFEX to view it

For pictures use a free photo sharing site like photobucket or one like it. Then cut and paste that code and the forum will do the rest as well. Although it takes a little more time, by using another source for the pictures there is no limit to what you can post.

Thank you for your questions and I look forward to the video's

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask

good hawking

Chris Lynn

Hunter45
09-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks, Chris.