PDA

View Full Version : New to the NAFEX

john1100
09-16-2009, 08:23 PM
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jim Johnson and I live in Central Louisiana. I am a biologist by profession and a master bander. I primarily band raptors, mostly redtails, red shoulders, and kestrels. I have had a strong interest in falconry since I was a yound kid and enjoy building traps. I primarily road trap. I enjoy reading about falconry and falconers. After I retire in a few years I hope to have the time to devote to obtaining my permit and training under a master falconer.

Jim

Chris L.
09-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Jim,

I would like to welcome you to the NAFEX.net -falconry forum.

Please don't hesitate to post. If you have any pictures of your trapping adventures, please post them.

There are a few threads going about about different traps and how to trap. Please don't hesitate to lend some of your thoughts, ideas, and experiences.

looking forward to your posts

All the best,

Chris Lynn

everetkhorton
09-16-2009, 09:34 PM
(welc) Jim, I have been a B bander for many years. Have fun reading the many post that are on this site.

hawk_1_lawman_2
09-16-2009, 09:47 PM
(welc) Jim

NCFalconer
09-16-2009, 11:18 PM
welcome, Jim. Glad to have a few more LA falconers on here!

tortoise chaser
09-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Greetings All. Randy here. General class mud hawker. Lotsa mud here in Mo. Perennial apprentice. Have not yet made all the mistakes, but have some good stories on the one's I have made. Like watching a fresh caught R/T fly through a garage window. Closed. Retrapped an hr later. Fixed window the next day.

hawk_1_lawman_2
09-22-2009, 10:01 PM
(welc) Randy !