PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from the Midwest

LittleMissSisyphus
09-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi, I am new to this site, and I have just been poking around reading and learning from it. I am a pe apprentice, waiting on inspection and filing my papers for permit. I will be trapping a Red Tail this season, and hoping to learn a lot from the experience and from all of you. I really like this site. It is much friendlier than some of the other forums I have visited...and I am glad to be on board!
I live in the Springfield, Missouri area. If there are any falconer's in the area, we should get in touch. Local contacts are great!
I am really into all aspects of conservation, not just hunting, and just really love nature and the outdoors and sharing it with my family. The ozarks are beautiful and I am hoping to find many good local hunts in my area!

Good luck to all of you this season, and I will see you around!rtsqrl

Lowachi
09-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Welcome aboard . Before the signature police get ya, they ask that you sign your name to your posts. Keeps it that friendly atmosphere. You can set it at your user CP.

Good luck with your start into falconry

jeffandheidi
09-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Hello and welcome to Nafex. I'm in Union on the east side of the state. I know there are a few in or around Springfield. Have you talked to the Dept. of Conservation yet?

jdiveley
09-23-2009, 10:27 AM
(welc) to NAFEX. I'm just about an hour away up either 60 or 44 and come to Springfield regularly.

bobpayne
09-23-2009, 11:30 AM
board!
I live in the Springfield, Missouri area. If there are any falconer's in the area, we should get in touch. Local contacts are great!
rtsqrl

Welcome from Liberty, MO. Bob Payne

jdiveley
09-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Welcome from Liberty, MO. Bob Payne

Hiya Bob,

I'll be up in Smithville this weekend :)

samatney
09-23-2009, 02:29 PM
(welc) from Raytown, Mo

bobpayne
09-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Hiya Bob,

I'll be up in Smithville this weekend :)

hey Joe Joe, Want to go hawkin Sunday? Could be fun. Call me if you want to go 816 507 9275

hawk_1_lawman_2
09-24-2009, 07:13 PM
(welc) I'm about 50 miles south of St.Louis Mo.

rtsqrl(dog)Tony

LittleMissSisyphus
09-26-2009, 10:38 AM
I guess I didn't read any policies on that, signatures...I never do them because you always end up with someone telling you to scale it down or what ever!! Ha, so I will have to sign...

I was trying to figure out where you came from Jdively...ha ha, when I got the APFalcony PM, I was like, who is this? Ha ha, took me a minute!

I am surprised to hear there are many in Springfield, because when I contacted MDC, there were few responses! But that is not the same as not finding anyone I suppose. I have been in contact with Shannon Orenberg of MDC, she is my local SW Mo agent. But I am not quite ready for inspection, but soon, maybe a few weeks.

If you guys so hawking around these parts, I would love to see some of that action. I have very little experience so far, and that makes me nervous,being so close to getting a permit, and all that......

Anyways, I gotta go, I am re roofing my inlaws this weekend, and I am already late!

I will try to check back in soon....
Thanks for the welcomes....I like this site, it is very friendly.....and the color scheme is easy on my eyes! LOL....

Misty Skye, from Springfield<-----ha ha...not a real sig....maybe I will fix that next time. clapp

LittleMissSisyphus
09-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Passed my inspection this morning, and had a great time talking with my Conservation Agent. She was very friendly and seemed to have a genuine interest in falconry.
I am sorting and signing papers and catching up with my sponsor this week, hopefully.....and I will be trying to keep busy with my last minute projects until my permit comes in!
Anxious times, aren't they? LOL.... but these are the memories we are making!
I just wanted to share my exciting news, and since I am a newbie to the sport and the website, I figured I would tack that little bit of progress to my introduction...Oh, and prove I could figure out how to put my signature on here!!

Take care, all ... and happy hawking!

jdiveley
09-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Way to go Missy. It won't be long and you will be out there trapping.

everetkhorton
09-30-2009, 10:28 PM
WTG Mistyclapp:D

LittleMissSisyphus
10-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Just so you all know me....
My name is Misty Skye Carr, previously...Misty Skye Perry.
Yes, it sounds made up...but it is not. Please do not write to tell me to use my real name. This is my real name.
it sucks, but its mine. If you don't like it....please spend a lot of time picking your childs name that way they don't catch crap over it!
Thanks

Mitchellbrad
10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Just so you all know me....
My name is Misty Skye Carr, previously...Misty Skye Perry.
Yes, it sounds made up...but it is not. Please do not write to tell me to use my real name. This is my real name.
it sucks, but its mine. If you don't like it....please spend a lot of time picking your childs name that way they don't catch crap over it!
Thanks

Misty Skye beats Rae Dong Chong by a mile<G> Your right about picking kid's names especially because of what other kids can do with those names. Even grown up kids<G> Congrats on passing your inspection and all that.

Brad

LittleMissSisyphus
10-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks...
BTW my mom graduated with a girl named Mystic A Powers...no lie!
So I cheered as loud as I could...because her name is worse than mine...
sometimes life is stranger than fiction!toungeout

raptrlvr
10-05-2009, 05:28 PM
The things people do to their kids. My nephew is named Skylur. I keep telling him his parents were on some bad drugs when he was born.

LittleMissSisyphus
10-06-2009, 09:03 AM
My sister's name is Dawn Joy...and my little brother would have been Melody Star, had he been a girl...but he is Michael Alan...and I say....well, mom must've sobered up for that little guy! ha ha ha!
I actually googled my name once, just because I was curious, and came across a blog talking about kids names at summer camp. I guess the lady had to do enrollment...she laughs about names like: Alohn Wolf, Rocky Road, etc....
the end of her blog said:
"no one wants to go through life being called: Rocky road or Misty Skye....."

I almost peed myself, and could not resist the temptation to write her and tell her that is my name! I thought it was funny, and told her I liked her post, and some parents are just cruel...(which was the title of the blog)....but she has since deleted it, I went looking for it to show a friend and she took it offline...and that made me feel bad, because I thought it was a good warning to parents.....think....just because it sounds cool, doesn't make it fair to your kid!!! And PS.....watch those initials too.....they're just as bad!frus)

Mitchellbrad
10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
My sister's name is Dawn Joy...and my little brother would have been Melody Star, had he been a girl...but he is Michael Alan...and I say....well, mom must've sobered up for that little guy! ha ha ha!
I actually googled my name once, just because I was curious, and came across a blog talking about kids names at summer camp. I guess the lady had to do enrollment...she laughs about names like: Alohn Wolf, Rocky Road, etc....
the end of her blog said:
"no one wants to go through life being called: Rocky road or Misty Skye....."

I almost peed myself, and could not resist the temptation to write her and tell her that is my name! I thought it was funny, and told her I liked her post, and some parents are just cruel...(which was the title of the blog)....but she has since deleted it, I went looking for it to show a friend and she took it offline...and that made me feel bad, because I thought it was a good warning to parents.....think....just because it sounds cool, doesn't make it fair to your kid!!! And PS.....watch those initials too.....they're just as bad!frus)

Back before the Civil War someone in my family thought he had a grand sense of humor. He named my GGgrandfather Americus Columbus Mitchell. That's not too bad. His brother was named Julius Ceasar Bonapart Mitchell. That's bad! None of this is new. Kids have been fighting forever due to their parents thinking wacko names were unique.

Dirthawking
10-06-2009, 09:21 AM
My sister wanted to name her son Ziggy. I told her that if she went ahead with the name I would dot her eye every time I saw her. She asked what for. I told her that she needed to feel a little of the pain she was going to cause him with a name like that.

She changed her mind! :D

LittleMissSisyphus
10-07-2009, 10:17 AM
My sister wanted to name her son Ziggy. I told her that if she went ahead with the name I would dot her eye every time I saw her. She asked what for. I told her that she needed to feel a little of the pain she was going to cause him with a name like that.

She changed her mind! :D

Thank GOD someone had the sense to tell her before it was too late.
I like my name OK, but I do catch crap for it all the time. Or I will get "OHHHHH, that 's very pretty" in a condescending tone! I just roll my eyes, tell him my parents were hippies and move on. But elementary school, that's different!
Kids are cruel, and dotting the mom's eye seems appropriate considering how often kids have to fight and stick up for themselves.....box2
they think they are very clever....
had a friend with a daughter named Sativa....kinda wonder how you could show up to a P/T conference without being very PARANOID, and the same guy told me he had a friend who named his son Ellis Dee, obviously they had MUCH in common! crazyy I'd rather have my name than those....
But I have seen my name on more than one marquis at gentleman's clubs, lets say that!:eek: