PDA

View Full Version : HI

alec928
09-24-2009, 03:54 PM
HI i thought i would join this forum and see what was going on across the water.I live in scotland and fly a female pere x saker at rooks and crows.I will put up a diary of events and see how it goes ,looking forward to reading the posts on here.
cheers alec

FredFogg
09-24-2009, 03:57 PM
HI i thought i would join this forum and see what was going on across the water.I live in scotland and fly a female pere x saker at rooks and crows.I will put up a diary of events and see how it goes ,looking forward to reading the posts on here.
cheers alec

(welc)to NAFEX Alec! I am very interested in how you train your pere X saker to fly at crows and rooks. I would very much like to do that here, but finding a pere x saker is hard as no one breeds them. So I might try it with something else. Looking forward to your thread on this and if you don't mind, go ahead and start the thread with the actual training, I know folks over here love to hear how others train their birds, especially from the other side of the pond.

alec928
09-24-2009, 04:03 PM
(welc)to NAFEX Alec! I am very interested in how you train your pere X saker to fly at crows and rooks. I would very much like to do that here, but finding a pere x saker is hard as no one breeds them. So I might try it with something else. Looking forward to your thread on this and if you don't mind, go ahead and start the thread with the actual training, I know folks over here love to hear how others train their birds, especially from the other side of the pond.thanks fred where are you and what are you flying??

FredFogg
09-24-2009, 04:09 PM
thanks fred where are you and what are you flying??

Hey Alec, I am in North Carolina, on the east coast. I flew a male finnish gos last year, but getting back to what is best for what we have around here and that is a red-tail on squirrels. I trapped a nice female a couple weeks ago, she is flying to the fist at around 43.5 oz right now. I am in no hurry to get her going as the leaves are still on and it is hot as hell and it is hard to squirrel hawk this time of the year. In the past, I have flown red-tails, an imprint coops for 3 seasons, a couple American Kestrels, a Harris Hawk, a merlin and the finnish gos. I am going out west this fall and trapping a female prairie and that is what I would like to fly at crows out of the hood. So any insight you have into flying at crows out of the hood, I am all ears.

hcf
09-24-2009, 04:32 PM
hi alec
welcome to the new world, have fun here

andy

alec928
09-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey Alec, I am in North Carolina, on the east coast. I flew a male finnish gos last year, but getting back to what is best for what we have around here and that is a red-tail on squirrels. I trapped a nice female a couple weeks ago, she is flying to the fist at around 43.5 oz right now. I am in no hurry to get her going as the leaves are still on and it is hot as hell and it is hard to squirrel hawk this time of the year. In the past, I have flown red-tails, an imprint coops for 3 seasons, a couple American Kestrels, a Harris Hawk, a merlin and the finnish gos. I am going out west this fall and trapping a female prairie and that is what I would like to fly at crows out of the hood. So any insight you have into flying at crows out of the hood, I am all ears.sounds like a good choice for the crows you will have alot of fun.I started a thread in longwings about millie .how do i put up pictures fred ?? what do i put in when asked for URL

alec928
09-24-2009, 04:37 PM
hi alec
welcome to the new world, have fun here

andyhi andy i took your advice and joined .
john came and picked up the gyr saker today he fed from the fist and then the greedy buger jumped to the fist for another doc,he is a cracking looking falcon thanks again

everetkhorton
09-24-2009, 06:28 PM
(welc) Alec!

alec928
09-25-2009, 06:01 PM
(welc) Alec!thank you

bparrott85
09-25-2009, 10:58 PM
(welc)

alec928
09-26-2009, 02:15 PM
(welc)thank you

Chris L.
09-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Hello Alec,

welcome to NAFEX. If you know Andy, I would not admit that on a public forum ;)

looking forward to your posts

Good hawking

Chris Lynn

alec928
09-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Hello Alec,

welcome to NAFEX. If you know Andy, I would not admit that on a public forum ;)

looking forward to your posts

Good hawking

Chris Lynncheers chris