PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to Nafex

gyrocourse
09-30-2009, 10:17 PM
I live in New Mexico, I hunt hares with a pair of coursing dogs and a gyr/saker.

bobpayne
10-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Welcome from Missouri. You live in a brutal environment. I look forward to hearing of the work with your dogs. Did you write the article in American Falconry? Bob Payne

Saluqi
10-01-2009, 08:55 AM
I live in New Mexico, I hunt hares with a pair of coursing dogs and a gyr/saker.

Hi Greg,

How's it going? Good talking with you the other day. Sign your name to the posts, it keeps things on a friendly note.

gyrocourse
10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Thank's Bob. I live near Albuquerque, its actually very mild. I walk with the falcon hooded and the dogs free. When a hare is jumped I slip the falcon. The dogs put major preasure on the hare, so she has to run fast, for her life.This allows the falcon to use her speed and deliver short stoops. Usually, if caught, its by the bird first. Then the dogs arrive moments latter. They are not gentle, but falcon has never been hurt. Alot of action and high energy. Usually 400 yds to 3/4 of a mile. No the article was by Dirtwinger. He taught me the flight. It's big fun in open country.

Greg
New Mexico, USA

gyrocourse
10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Hey Paul, sorry we did'nt get a chance to talk. Look forward to getting out in the field with you soon.

Greg
New Mexico, USA

everetkhorton
10-01-2009, 10:36 PM
(welc) Greg. Sounds like a lot of fun.