PDA

View Full Version : Hello from North Texas

kenbro77
07-05-2007, 01:33 PM
My name is Kenneth, I am married and all 4 kids grown and gone. I have 9 grand children (if you are under 18 you can call me PaPaw, lol.) I am 47 and live in Wichita Falls, Texas. I am a Quality Control Manager at a Machine Shop. I am a 1st Year apprentice and a member of Texas Hawking Association and NAFA. I have a Red Tail hawk in molt named Abby. Last year was not to good for us due to low game in the area. Only 1 squirrel and 2 rabbits and 12 rats. We hope to due better this year and I have added a Beagle to the team, but she is not trained as of yet as she is still a pup. Any ways, hope to get some good info from you fine people.

kimmerar
07-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi Kenneth

Welcome to the club. Nice group here with lots of info. Good job on your first year. I just finished my first year with a kestrel. It's a learning experience and things should be a lot better with a dog (I've been told to do the same but I have no clue how to go about training a dog yet - someday). Heard beagles are great. I hadn't even held a BOP when I got my bird.

Again - welcome and keep us informed

hawkstir
07-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Kenneth,
Welcome from one PaPaw to another.
Are you staying above water in your area?

kenbro77
07-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Kenneth,
Welcome from one PaPaw to another.
Are you staying above water in your area?

I am okay where I am, but there are people in a bad way all around me. Thanks for the welcome.

everetkhorton
07-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Kenneth:
Welcome, I have only been in Wichita Falls once. I had a friend in the Coast Guard there teaching at the base. We went to a boy scout camp around there and seen lots of sqr. But they were all Big Fox sqr. Beagles are different dogs. They will track a rabbit for ever. You know CT run if a circle if chase by a beagle. Stand where the beagle first jumped the CT and it will come back. I would try keeping the bird hooded and when you hear the dog come back around, unhood the bird and put her in a tree etc.
Just something to think about. If she is a good beagle she will know what a CT is.

`Chris L.
07-05-2007, 08:20 PM
My name is Kenneth, I am married and all 4 kids grown and gone. I have 9 grand children (if you are under 18 you can call me PaPaw, lol.) I am 47 and live in Wichita Falls, Texas. I am a Quality Control Manager at a Machine Shop. I am a 1st Year apprentice and a member of Texas Hawking Association and NAFA. I have a Red Tail hawk in molt named Abby. Last year was not to good for us due to low game in the area. Only 1 squirrel and 2 rabbits and 12 rats. We hope to due better this year and I have added a Beagle to the team, but she is not trained as of yet as she is still a pup. Any ways, hope to get some good info from you fine people.

Ken,
Welcome to NAFEX. We have a good many from Texas on here. Please dont hesitate to post or ask questions. We are a friendly group and we all really enjoy pictures ( hint hint) . If you need any help let me know.

Again welcome and I look forward to reading your posts.

07-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Ken
I recommend hunting TX. panhandle.

Iamtheweasel
07-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Nice Jackrabbit hawkin in the Panhandle. [smilie=banana.gif]