PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

idbirdman
07-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Hello Every one. My name is Stephen Buffat. I am from Eden, Idaho in South Central Idaho. I am married again to an incredible supportuve wife. I have three boys, all of whom want to fallow in dads foot steps. Including my 1 month old named Cooper. I own a saltwater and reef aquarium business called Aquatic Perfections. I also am working on my new web site www.idaholongwings.com There I will have the birds, dogs, and all the equipment I sell. (So look for it) I have been a falconer since 1986. I must say that I have the addiction bad. I fly a tiercel Gyr/Peregrin, gyrken, and in a week or so a tiercel Gyr/Saker. Not to mention, I just sent in my paper work for my breeding permit. I also raise an train English pointers. I have 1 tiercel stud and two hens. My wife said I had to cut back. (I was up to 9 pointers) I guess that was an ok comprimise.

And just a note on how supportive my wife is (and baby), yesterday we went to pick up my new gyrken about 3 hours away. On our way back, there were fires that prevented us from coming straight home. So when we finaly roled into home, it was 4:00am. She stayed awake just to here me bable on about the birds and dogs. I am truely lucky! I look forward to talking and meeting several of you. See ya. Have a great molt.

raptrlvr
07-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Stephen,welcome. I have a couple of English Pointers. One 8 year old female and her 2 year old daughter. Two golden eagles {male and female] a female HH {going to the breeders}and another female HH on the way.
I think I have seen your Pointer ads on the raptorsnest in the past.

kimmerar
07-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey Stephen

Welcome. Great site and people. My husbands previous hobby was reef keeping. Falconry and a cucumber (people said it was reef safe) that killed all the fish in a 400 gal reef tank ended it - including a 11in red sea sailfin that would eat out of your hands. We had a great ecosystem going on that took care of itself - algea took over after loosing the tangs. Tank was 5 years old. My husband set me up a 75 for propagation and I had really good luck with that. Liked the softies and most people around here don't use hallides so stonies were hard to sell - even though they were also propagated. Kept all the equipment and tanks and maybe someday we'll get back into it.

Thought I would show off some pics of our reef tank - Chris you want a camera challange - try taking pics of this - hard to get the real color.

Yes - it's really that red - size of a dinner plate when open fully
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/kimmerar/RedScolymia1.jpg

Left side of tank - in its prime
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/kimmerar/Reefpicleft.jpg

Right side of tank
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/kimmerar/reefpicright.jpg

Not many people understand how great reef keeping can be - so I thought I would show off a little - I won't take over your thread.

Anyway - now I'm addicted to flying kestrels. Glad to have your knowledge aboard.

chamokane
07-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi Stephen,
Lots of great hunting in Idaho.

I also have a couple of English Pointers...lots of natural instinct and they can cover a lot of ground.

I look forward to reading about the exploits of your birds and dogs.

chamokane
07-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Kim, That tank is beautiful.

idbirdman
07-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Hello Kim,
Your tank looks realy nice. That is to bad that you had problems with it. This past week I got a new account that is two 1400 gallon side by side. One reef and the other sharks and wrays. Pretty exciting. Let me know when you are getting ready to start it up again. I can drop ship live stock directly to you. Nice pics. Thanks Stephen

kimmerar
07-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow - what fun Stephen. We kept sharks at one time too even hatched some cat sharks. And freshwater stingrays. Groundprobes was our problem. Lost a few until we figured that out. I can just imagine the fun of stocking a 1400. Man. I'll let you know if we get back into it. Tried to open your link and nothing loaded. Probably me or my software. Who knows.

idbirdman
07-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Just an FYI. The link for www.idaholongwings.com hasn't propogated yet. It should be up in a couple of days. Thanks Stephen

`Chris L.
07-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Steven,
Welcome to NAFEX. IT looks like you have the breeding bug as well. There are many on here that do breed so please don't hesitate to post your experiences with breeding.. We all can learn from it.

Kim, WOW what a great tank. I just love how salt water tanks looks. It is amazing. I will be getting into salt water soon. I will contact both you and Steve for some ideas.

Steve, post some pictures of your set ups if you don't mind. I would like to see them for sure.

Do you sell your pointer pups? Looking forward to some pics of your team and birds.

again welcome to NAFEX

idbirdman
07-10-2007, 05:14 AM
Hello Chris, It is a pleasure to be on such a cool list. I just walked in the door from maintaining two tanks in Boise. I did the math tonight and they are each 2400 gallons. I will post some pics. Tomorrow evening.
And yes I do sell my pointers. I am expecting two batches here soon both from excellent females and my stud. I'll post some of those pict also. Thanks Stephen

outhawkn
07-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Hi Stephen. Glad you could join us. Hows the little man and the misses doing? Great I hope. Please post often as you can and dont be a stranger.

idbirdman
07-25-2007, 02:26 AM
Hello Bill, This is a pretty cool site. Hey I was going to ask you, how do you advertise on this site? I have been trying to find a link or something but no luck yet. I hop all is well. The baby is growing like a weed, and mom just went back to work. It is a pretty busy fire season for her right now. How about you? Thanks Stephen

`Chris L.
07-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Hello Chris, It is a pleasure to be on such a cool list. I just walked in the door from maintaining two tanks in Boise. I did the math tonight and they are each 2400 gallons. I will post some pics. Tomorrow evening.
And yes I do sell my pointers. I am expecting two batches here soon both from excellent females and my stud. I'll post some of those pict also. Thanks Stephen

Steven,
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this.. i missed this thread some how [smilie=BangHead.gif].. You can post your dogs in the for sale section if you want to. It is free. http://nafex.net/index.php?f=22

Again welcome to the site, let me know if you need any help

idbirdman
07-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Hello Chris,
I was actualy meaning a business listing (which includes my dogs) thanks Stephen

`Chris L.
07-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Hello Chris,
I was actualy meaning a business listing (which includes my dogs) thanks Stephen

Stephen,
Just sent you a PM...