PDA

View Full Version : Hi Hallo

Pete Kent
10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Pete Kent from England here, just joined this forum, so hallo to everyone.

Turns out it's been a bad day today, my gamehawk a Gyr/Pere/Saker which I bred last year stooped a hen pheasant then tail chased it onto a railway track, a train came along and hit and killed him outright. I am still training up a 2009 female Peregrine which I also bred but can't help but feel choked over the loss of the tri-bred, he was a cracking bird.

FredFogg
10-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Hey Pete, (welc) to NAFEX! Sorry to hear about the tri-bred, falconry can be tough sometimes. Post some pictures (you have to use PhotoBucket or something like that) of your birds and facilities, we love to see stuff like that on here.

tony123abc
10-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Welcome and so sorry to hear about the bird. Some days do suck. tony

redtailnut
10-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi Pete welcome to NAFEX, bu&&er of a first post tho..

hawk_1_lawman_2
10-29-2009, 08:41 PM
(welc) Pete

jfseaman
10-29-2009, 10:20 PM
(welc) Pete.

Sorry to hear about your hybrid, get stuck in with that peregrine. It doesn't stop the hurt but nothing does...

everetkhorton
10-30-2009, 10:18 AM
(welc)Pete, sorry to hear about your falcon. There are somethings you can not control.

Pete Kent
10-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey Pete, (welc) to NAFEX! Sorry to hear about the tri-bred, falconry can be tough sometimes. Post some pictures (you have to use PhotoBucket or something like that) of your birds and facilities, we love to see stuff like that on here.

I have taken some pictures today Fred which I want to post on this thread but I can't see where the 'Manage Attachment' button is on here ?

Also I have a custom avatar which I want to upload but for some reason the system says 'File Invalid', I know it's within the accepted spec of less than 150 x 150 pixels and less than 10k in size.

Chris L.
10-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi Pete and welcome to NAFEX. I am sorry about you loss. The only thing that helps is another bird and time. Hang in there

I see you are trying to post photos. You can not direct uplaod here you have to use photobucket are a free server. take a look here http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=1407

email me your avatar (admin@nafex.net), I will take a look at it

again welcome the forums

Chris

Pete Kent
11-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome messages.