PDA

View Full Version : Gyr/saker on hare vid

dirtwinger
11-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Took this vid of my buddy Greg's hybrid taking a jack I hope you like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pMXs5XUWw0

all the best

Saluqi
11-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Nice! Los Lunas?

dirtwinger
11-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Nice! Los Lunas?
Yes it was Paul, we got lucky puled up in the truck and Greg saw a jack creeping along a few hundred feet away. We just walked up and flushed it with the camera ready got the whole thing.
Then it took 2 hours of walking to find the next one for Cog which is more usual for Los Lunas.

all the best

starburst89
11-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Awesome video thanks for sharing!

FredFogg
11-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Looks like fun Terence! Good job! clapp

Saluqi
11-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Yes it was Paul, we got lucky puled up in the truck and Greg saw a jack creeping along a few hundred feet away. We just walked up and flushed it with the camera ready got the whole thing.
Then it took 2 hours of walking to find the next one for Cog which is more usual for Los Lunas.

all the best

The rabbits seem to have dwindled there too, it's tougher to find good numbers anywhere.

Tanner
11-02-2009, 03:19 PM
The rabbits seem to have dwindled there too, it's tougher to find good numbers anywhere.
Weird how a few hundred miles makes a difference--we're having a banner year for rabbits. I keep putting out the open invitations to you northerners to come down and grease a few, nobody accepts.....maybe it's my personality? My personal hygiene?

tony123abc
11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Great vid. Lets me know my dog and bird need to get after it. I got two nice slips yesterday and the gyr stayed on em pretty good, but I think my dog is broken. He keeps his nose to the ground and never sees a thing. I may have to get out and build me a proper lurcher. Great vid. Exacly what I am trying to do.

Takasho
11-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Awesome...except for the part where you cut away right when the kill is made! WTF! J/K, great video, even better in person. Hope to go out with you guys again sometime. rockon

dirtwinger
11-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Awesome...except for the part where you cut away right when the kill is made! WTF! J/K, great video, even better in person. Hope to go out with you guys again sometime. rockon
My old camera broke and my girlfriend bought me a new one. Problem is it has no eyepiece you just aim the camera using the little screen, as I turned the sunlight glared the screen and I couldnt see a damn thing. frus)

all the best

Chris L.
11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Weird how a few hundred miles makes a difference--we're having a banner year for rabbits. I keep putting out the open invitations to you northerners to come down and grease a few, nobody accepts.....maybe it's my personality? My personal hygiene?

Tanner,
How about to future New Mexico residents? I don't care if you stink or an A$$. I will fit right in if so ;) .

Great video Terrance. Looks like a great flight.. Looking forward to seeing you guys fly

oscarpack@yahoo.com
11-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Very cool video

Oscar

awahl
11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Neat video. My female gyr/saker caught and lost a jack a few days ago. She blasted it from a shallow stoop, smacked it another time, and bound to it. After about ten or fifteen seconds, she lost it. She was planted onto its rear, riding it in circles as I tried to get there. Though I wasn't trying for them, it was pretty neat. She has always chased them, but never has gotten a really clean shot at them like she did on that one. Thanks for sharing it with us.

dirtwinger
11-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Here is another vid of Belle the gyr saker taking a jack, I'm still trying to get some vid of my gyr/prairie in action but no good footage yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQCNVfKi59c

all the best

GregMik
11-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Love the vids Terrence! Keep up the great work!

You should save up some cash and come up and take on the Whitetailed Jacks up here! Would love to see that!

Greg

gengis
11-21-2009, 03:28 PM
wow these gyr x sakers are so good i just love them.very tough cookies indeed and you have the dessert terrain in the usa.fantastic.clappbill

dirtwinger
11-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Love the vids Terrence! Keep up the great work!

You should save up some cash and come up and take on the Whitetailed Jacks up here! Would love to see that!

Greg
I would love to but I am broke for a while and will be saving up for the NAFA meet in 2010 if it is anywhere decent. I have only taken one whitetail and that was in Alamosa with my 630gram gyr/peregrine tiercel. It was the first he saw and he made it look easy but the next day the whitetails had their game faces on and we couldnt get another in the bag. Zhel roughed up a couple but they wouldnt go down, next time they wont be so lucky.

all the best

Aquilachrys
12-02-2009, 01:50 AM
some fine falconry.....very nice