PDA

View Full Version : Hi, From Indiana

tailfeather
11-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I've had an interest in birds of prey and falconry for many years and a friend of mine had a hawk. She was beautiful. They are amazing creatures and developing a partnership with one would no doubt be one of the high points of my life. I live in Indiana, work in social service and love the little woods and fields we have here. Indiana has many birds and hawks here are beloved and well thought of. I would love to learn more and I'm very interested in connecting with a group or local here who might possibly help a newbie (like me) begin at the beginning. Whatever it takes I'm ready! Oh....
My name is Eva ;)

MarkT
11-13-2009, 07:23 PM
(welc) from another Hoosier. What part are you from?

You may want to check out the Indiana Falconers Association (http://www.indianafalconersassociation.org/home.html)

everetkhorton
11-14-2009, 12:01 AM
(welc)Eva! Have you started anything yet beside joining NAFEX? There is a lot of good information on this site, look at the apprentice thread. Read a lot of the old post because they will answer a lot of your questions.

goshawks00
11-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi Eva, welcome... what part of Ind. are you from , maybe someone can point you in the right direction?
Barry

Jacklyna
11-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi Eva, I'm a first-year apprentice over above Indianapolis. The first Indiana Falconer's Association meet is in Merrillville, IN on December 5th if you want to come around then. We usually get a lot of guys from all over the state at these meets and they're great to get to know people, and it doesn't cost anything unless you plan to join the club then and there. Plus you get amazing food!

Elena