PDA

View Full Version : hello from wales

qdgban
07-20-2007, 02:14 PM
hi everyone my names shaun im from wales in the UK some of you may know from forums over there if you go on them ,im a serving soldier and have been for the last 26 years but im on reduced operations now as of right .
ive flown all sorts of birds since i was a kid but had to play at it whilst i was deployable as a soldier,borrowing others birds etc ,i flew gosses in germany and have flown a saker in saudi but they werent mine .after a long wait ,finally for the last 5 years ive been able to fly quite a few different birds:
owls,HH,redtail,peregrine ,perlin,saker,sakeret,spar,gos,lanners,gyr/saker
european buzzard, european kestrel
at the moment im flying a sakeret as a game falcon at partridge,a saker at crow from the hood,and picking up a tiercel peregrine next month for grouse/partridge,i have my cast of harris's ( p.u.h) currently in a pen with two 12 week old youngsters and sat on 3 more eggs as are my barn owls
i cant say i will be posting a great deal as i help run a UK site but this looks an interesting place so i shall peruse at leisure!
any questions just ask away [smilie=eusa_think.gif]

everetkhorton
07-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Shaun:
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a lot of expearance flying
different bird in difference places. Of all the bird you have flown, What
is your faverate bird to fly? Please remember to sign you post at the end.

everetkhorton
07-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Shaun:
Did you go to the IFF this past week end?

NightWarrior
07-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey Shaun nice to see you here... Craig [smilie=banana.gif]

qdgban
07-20-2007, 03:35 PM
hi craig get around a bit dont i?! thanks for the hello ,i didnt go the FF as i was flying at a show nearer home ,it was a good do from what i gather ,my friend terry large flew there and had a lot to do with setting it up ( he runs the campaign for falconry over here) how do you mean sign at the end of my posts? ,i updated my profile ,selected and submitted attach signature with each post but it aint working at the mo ?

qdgban
07-20-2007, 03:38 PM
ill post some film of my favourites eleswhere but i got to be honest i love them all ( and a little kessie has stolen my heart for the moment!)

everetkhorton
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Chris:
will be able to bring up the site to show you how to do this.

qdgban
07-20-2007, 03:41 PM
cheers ev ill just attach some links to some of my youtube stuff if thats ok?

Jimmy
07-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Nice signature Shaun.

lovefreshwater
09-03-2007, 12:06 PM
hi everyone my names shaun im from wales in the UK some of you may know from forums over there if you go on them ,im a serving soldier and have been for the last 26 years but im on reduced operations now as of right .
ive flown all sorts of birds since i was a kid but had to play at it whilst i was deployable as a soldier,borrowing others birds etc ,i flew gosses in germany and have flown a saker in saudi but they werent mine .after a long wait ,finally for the last 5 years ive been able to fly quite a few different birds:
owls,HH,redtail,peregrine ,perlin,saker,sakeret,spar,gos,lanners,gyr/saker
european buzzard, european kestrel
at the moment im flying a sakeret as a game falcon at partridge,a saker at crow from the hood,and picking up a tiercel peregrine next month for grouse/partridge,i have my cast of harris's ( p.u.h) currently in a pen with two 12 week old youngsters and sat on 3 more eggs as are my barn owls
i cant say i will be posting a great deal as i help run a UK site but this looks an interesting place so i shall peruse at leisure!
any questions just ask away [smilie=eusa_think.gif]

hi shaun .welcome to the site . there are other nice site based on UK
it's call International falcony forum i think .
www.falconryforum.co.uk/ [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]
check it out as well as with this forum

qdgban
09-03-2007, 04:24 PM
yeh been there dont like it far too impersonal and full of people who either dont know their arse from their elbow and shouldnt be allowed near a bop or just want to ridicule genuine beginners
there are a few decent people on there including one of the mods (funnily enough most are from outside the uk )but its often such a dickswinging contest id end up being banned if i was to post on there regularly! i just read now and again and chat on www.falconryquestions.co.uk which some of you will know

everetkhorton
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Shaun:
Hope you have more fun at this site [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] [smilie=wav.gif]

lovefreshwater
09-03-2007, 07:57 PM
yeh been there dont like it far too impersonal and full of people who either dont know their arse from their elbow and shouldnt be allowed near a bop or just want to ridicule genuine beginners
there are a few decent people on there including one of the mods (funnily enough most are from outside the uk ) but its often such a dickswinging contest id end up being banned if i was to post on there regularly! i just read now and again and chat on www.falconryquestions.co.uk which some of you will know

shaun,in sunny wales!

Shaun:
Hope you have more fun at this site [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] [smilie=wav.gif]

[smilie=eusa_clap.gif] [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] [smilie=eusa_clap.gif]

well said...well said...hope you'll have a good time over here!

qdgban
09-04-2007, 10:33 AM
i do indeed, i dont post a lot but find it fascinating reading and a real dicotomy, on the one hand you guys have such great freedom to take passage birds and have the pleasure of returning them and on the other your so restricted by your laws ,in one way i wish we had similar laws as long as they didnt apply to me! you would not believe the conditions and treatment that noble birds get from some of the loons over here

everetkhorton
09-04-2007, 12:37 PM
i do indeed, i dont post a lot but find it fascinating reading and a real dicotomy, on the one hand you guys have such great freedom to take passage birds and have the pleasure of returning them and on the other your so restricted by your laws ,in one way i wish we had similar laws as long as they didnt apply to me! you would not believe the conditions and treatment that noble birds get from some of the loons over here

Shaun:

Over all I do not think our law's are that bad, I would like to see a few of our state law/reg change. JMO.

qdgban
09-04-2007, 03:23 PM
i agree ev ,problem is over here we're that sick of government getting involved with the countryside and its issues when they really do not have a clue about how to go about it and most would get a nosebleed if they left town,that iviteing them in is tantamount to falconry suicide on the other hand there has been such a cross over of dog courser's into harris hawking bringing with them an element of the bag meaning everything and achievingg it with no art or respect for the sport or the quarry that we could really do with some legislation to firstly make it more difficult to aquire a bird and secondly to ensure they are capably trained to look after it and house it,they are frequently neither ,if you have the money you can read a book and buy a goldie next day (i wish some of the would and get nailed by it ! but the majority buy the noble harris which is a victim of its own success and they pass their sad lives in crap cages never flown or passed around