PDA

View Full Version : New NAFA UK Membership Liason

redtailnut
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Hi All a new Introduction is in order hope this is alright with Chris.

I have recently been Appointed with the aid of my wife Jackie stupdas the new NAFA UK Membership Liason to take over from John and Laila Green who have stood down after 12 years in the Job (A big thank you to them bothclapp) and looking forward to Helping NAFA members in the UK (and anywhere else) in any way I can.

Brief Resume as sent to the Nafa Board
Objectives
To aid and assist NAFA Members
Experience
NAFA Members (Since 1999 – )
First started Falconry in UK 1991 Flying Female Redtail Hawk Currently flying Harris Hawk and Male Redtail on Rabbit and Hare’s.
Member Yorkshire Hawking Club UK.

Attended NAFA Field Meets 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008
Licensed as an apprentice falconer in California since 2008.

Employed since 1999 and currently, as Zoo Curator for a Raptor facility Cotswold Falconry Centre inaugurated in 1988 currently housing over 130 birds of prey, from Pygmy Owls and Pygmy Falcons to Griffon Vultures. Established breeding facility for Zoological specimens and some species suitable for falconry purposes. Past Successes with RTH, HH & Peregrine Falcons, Only UK Breeders of Yellow Headed Caracara (Milvago chimachima) over 30 separate species Bred at the centre since 1988.
Supporters of The Gyps Oriental White-backed Vulture Project Based in Pakistan.

Have trained for display purposes many Raptors Including Falcons, Eagles, Vultures and Caracaras,
Flew Falcons for Bird abatement purposes over two winter seasons on Landfill.

pleased to take on the mantle of NAFA Foreign Liaisons officer UK.

Contact me on
Email: Mike.hope@blueyonder.co.uk

Skype Number: +44 (0)121 288 1983 (Leave a message from any phone)
or through the forum

jfseaman
12-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi All a new Introduction is in order hope this is alright with Chris.

I have recently been Appointed with the aid of my wife Jackie stupdas the new NAFA UK Membership Liason to take over from John and Laila Green who have stood down after 12 years in the Job (A big thank you to them bothclapp) and looking forward to Helping NAFA members in the UK (and anywhere else) in any way I can.

Brief Resume as sent to the Nafa Board
Objectives
To aid and assist NAFA Members
Experience
NAFA Members (Since 1999 – )
First started Falconry in UK 1991 Flying Female Redtail Hawk Currently flying Harris Hawk and Male Redtail on Rabbit and Hare’s.
Member Yorkshire Hawking Club UK.

Attended NAFA Field Meets 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008
Licensed as an apprentice falconer in California since 2008.

Employed since 1999 and currently, as Zoo Curator for a Raptor facility Cotswold Falconry Centre inaugurated in 1988 currently housing over 130 birds of prey, from Pygmy Owls and Pygmy Falcons to Griffon Vultures. Established breeding facility for Zoological specimens and some species suitable for falconry purposes. Past Successes with RTH, HH & Peregrine Falcons, Only UK Breeders of Yellow Headed Caracara (Milvago chimachima) over 30 separate species Bred at the centre since 1988.
Supporters of The Gyps Oriental White-backed Vulture Project Based in Pakistan.

Have trained for display purposes many Raptors Including Falcons, Eagles, Vultures and Caracaras,
Flew Falcons for Bird abatement purposes over two winter seasons on Landfill.

pleased to take on the mantle of NAFA Foreign Liaisons officer UK.

Contact me on

or through the forum
My sponsor is the UK NAFA rep haillhaillclappclapp

Of course when he steps foot in the US he's my apprentice toungeout. I tried to get him upgraded but it hasn't happened yet, go figureconfuseddconfusedd.

frootdog
12-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Congrats! beeer

redtailnut
12-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys,

Jackie's been trying to get me Upgraded for years frus)

Mike

Lowachi
12-10-2009, 02:21 AM
congrats to yer appointment/acceptance. knew some of your predecessors over the years. Thanks for stepping up.
Rich the crusty, irritable guy at the yard.<VBG>

Roper
12-10-2009, 10:28 AM
welcome
I am sure that your sponser will direct you in the proper methods of falconry in your apprentiship.. good luck ;)

glad to have you on board...
oh gee I'm just full of them this morning!!!!

redtailnut
12-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Rich thanks for the welcome and your encoragement and fun when we have met on the weathering yard hope to see you all again soon.
David thank you for your welcome, I'll leave the discussion on the proper methods of falconry to more illustrious people to discuss on another thread.

Mike

Chris L.
12-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi Mike,

Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply to this. I have been off the net for a while.

Congrats on the position. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything or if there is anything I can do to help.

All the best

Chris

redtailnut
02-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Hopefully by now all UK NAFA members will have recieved either their December Hawk Chalk with a renewal reminder or will have recieved email or snailmail from myself with renewal details, if anyone has not been contacted and wishes to renew or knows someone who needs details please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help.

Contact me on

or through the forum

davids
02-12-2010, 04:40 AM
Thats interesting, i didn't even know there was a UK NAFA membership.
Can i ask what the benefits would be, [this might be of interest to other UK falconers].

David

redtailnut
02-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi Davids,

Their has been a number of NAFA members based in the UK for many years as well as many others across Europe and as far as Australia & Japan.
We benefit from the four publications published yearly Including the Full colour NAFA Journal due to arrive any time now, we are also able to attend the annual field meeting possibly the largest Falconry Hunting meeting in the world It's a pleasure to have the opportunity to show our American cousins how falconry should be done box2 well worth the membership fee Just $50.00 for the UK in itself. :D

The best thing of all aided by the NAFEX is the camaraderie to be achieved with falconers worldwide, Local politics in our home clubs can be put into perspective when you have input from like minded people who have no axe to grind just a passion we all share.

Please feel free to contact me directly and look out for us if you get to the Falconry Fair in Cheshire.

redtailnut
05-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Had a system change so updated my email addy.

Contact me on
Email: nafa-uk@sky.com

or through the forum __________________