PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Forum?

tumble
01-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I've been wondering if there would be any interest in a Nafex forum devoted to falconry quarry. It would seem to me like a good way to share insights into the behavior and biology of the various game we pursue.

FredFogg
01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
I've been wondering if there would be any interest in a Nafex forum devoted to falconry quarry. It would seem to me like a good way to share insights into the behavior and biology of the various game we pursue.

Do you mean a thread? If so, I definately say yes! We as falconers should respect and try and learn as much about the game we pursue, along with the conservation of said game.

Bryant Tarr
01-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Yes indeed!

cllhawker
01-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Good Idea! nice thinking LOL.
rtsqrl

tumble
01-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Do you mean a thread?

I'm thinking another department. We have a few for raptor classes, one for dogs, etc. The Quarry one could maybe be one whole single forum wherein the individual threads could get more specific (ie. "When is the best time of day to find ***?"; "Tips for flushing pond ducks"; "questions about carrying capacity", etc).

FredFogg
01-09-2010, 12:43 AM
I'm thinking another department. We have a few for raptor classes, one for dogs, etc. The Quarry one could maybe be one whole single forum wherein the individual threads could get more specific (ie. "When is the best time of day to find ***?"; "Tips for flushing pond ducks"; "questions about carrying capacity", etc).

I see what you mean, like the Apprentice Section, the Dog Section, the Raptor Section, etc. Just have a Quarry section. I see where they do call them forums on here, but I think that is incorrect wording. NAFEX is a forum, the others are sections of this forum. But what ever, I think it is a great idea. Just send a message to Chris and see what he thinks. He is the man to set it up.

Zarafia
01-09-2010, 12:44 AM
I think a "Quarry" subsection in the "Raptor Facilities, Imprinting, Food, Breeding and Health" section might fit very well. The closest existing subsection would seem to be "Food Management" and that doesn't quite fit quarry threads IMO.
I think it would be great to have a place specifically dedicated to wild quarry threads.

tumble
01-09-2010, 12:47 AM
I think that would do the trick, Mer.

rri32701
01-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Great Idea

Lowachi
01-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Git'er done!

hawkstir
01-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Where is Chris when we need him? Sure hope he isn't out flying birds when there is forum work to get done. :D

Chris L.
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Where is Chris when we need him? Sure hope he isn't out flying birds when there is forum work to get done. :D

Exactly what I have been doin :D

Let me look at the forums layout and I will see where I think it will fit best and place it.

I may make it a sub forum. I want to keep the look of NAFEX clean and simple. I will take a look and see what I think

Great Idea Tom

Lowachi
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM

All forum work & no hawking make Chris a dull, unhappy boy~!toungeout.

Chris L.
01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
All forum work & no hawking make Chris a dull, unhappy boy~!toungeout.

amennn

thunderheartiii
01-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Could this new thread possibly talk about what we can do in our area to increase "Quarry" populations??? Squirrel, Rabbit..increases..etc? Like the things we could do to better their habitat? I know it's not nice to mess with "Mother Nature" but a few more bunnies or squirrels, quail would make things easier to find and a more productive season for the "Hawk-Falcon".

tumble
01-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi Jim, I would think that would be a thread that you could post for discussion (ethical and legal issues involved, etc) in a new Quarry "forum."

Chris L.
01-13-2010, 06:59 AM
http://www.nafex.net/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Tom,

the new quarry forum is up and running

tumble
01-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Nice Chris! Looks good, thank you.