PDA

View Full Version : Hello All From Ontario

NTTF
08-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Have been browsing this site for a while now and thought I would drop in to say hello. I have always had a fasination with birds of prey, and have always wanted to work upclose with them. As amatter of fact I was involved with the Grand River S. Ont. Bald Eagle reintroduction when I was 15. Helping to build the nesting platform, box, and in the tracking of the hatchlings. That first release was 28 years ago and I am pleased to say that we have several natural nesting pair in the area now. I was watching a young Baldy yesterday flying the river edge in York.

I have been reading everything I can on falconry for the past 8 years and have finally reached a point in my life where I can dedicate the time to a hawks maintenance and hunting, so will be looking at attending a falconry course this next year and finally making this dream come true, with an apprentice licence and hopefully a bird of my own.

I look forward to reading and learning more from the forum and hope I do not drive you all nuts with a bunch of newbie questions.

NTTF

KidK
08-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey there NTTF,

Newbie questions don't bother any of us, we all love to talk about falconry!

There are quite a few falconers around Toronto and the surrounding areas. Also, Ontario has a provencial club that has some good information for you to get more involved.

http://www.ontariohawkingclub.org/links.html

Welcome aboard and please sign your posts with your name, unless NTTF is your name.

Best Regards,

chamokane
08-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Welcome, and ask questions anytime. We like to show off with what we think we know. [smilie=eusa_think.gif]

NTTF
08-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks Folks [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

Dan

gabboon
08-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Welcome, and ask questions anytime. We like to show off with what we think we know. [smilie=eusa_think.gif]

yeah, I'll do plenty of sharing, but don't listen to it. Its all [smilie=bs.gif] . We don't mind newbie questions. Reminds us of stuff we haven't thought about in a while. And be sure to never let Jimmy get your email address. He's been filling my inbox with disturbing photos of Lee.

KidK
08-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Well Dan, if you decide to stick around after your first message from Steve (gabboon), you will be know as having a stronger stomach than some. [smilie=eusa_doh.gif]

NTTF
08-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Well Steve I hear that they are only disturbing because you LIKE THEM [smilie=eusa_doh.gif]

Dan

`Chris L.
08-04-2007, 10:28 PM

[smilie=banana.gif] .. Welcome aboard Dan. Hope you enjoy the forums. Let us know if you need anything

Jimmy
08-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Well Steve I hear that they are only disturbing because you LIKE THEM [smilie=eusa_doh.gif]

Yep, like this guy already [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]
Welcome aboard, Dan.