PDA

View Full Version : can't wait any longer

klrockin
01-24-2010, 04:46 AM
What a fantastic way to star a wonderful journey. This site has been such an awesome stepping stone into the world of falconry. Inspired by every thing I have and will learn here, I have spent the last 4 months with you all and can't say thank you enough.

I am Lance McBride from Dubois, Wyoming. Born and raised in the most beautiful country anyone can imagine. I can leave my house and in ten minute, can be in places that will make you cry with joy. This is truly gods country, surrounded by BLM, National Forest, and wilderness. The amount of public land minutes from my back gate is unbelievable.

I have been involved with construction my entire life. I own my own business and home. I have a super black lab "Gauge" that is trained on fur, fins and feathers as a student of Pat Perelli and the seven "P's". Along with my wild captured, 5 year old appy, I know all that is missing is a red tail hawk.

I hunt with bows, black powder, and modern firearms. I fish with any thing from a willow to a sage fly rod. I got up one morning when I was a child put a smile on and still have it to this day.

I have been in Barrow Alaska the last 4 months working on a remodel for my brother and his family of nine. I am so home sick you can't imagine!

I am hoping to have every thing I need together in time for the 2010 Sep - Dec trapping season in Wyoming.

Again, thank you all for your knowledge, stories and photo's!

Lance McBride
Dubois, Wyoming

jfseaman
01-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Welcome to NAFEX.

Jealous Californian here. But then again you have snow, lots and lots of snow.

klrockin
01-24-2010, 09:04 AM
the valley of the warm winds -47 below in barrow but when I called home the other day it was +57 no snow down low Dubois sits at 7000ft in a valley they are a little short of snow so far in the mts.

everetkhorton
01-24-2010, 10:55 AM
(welc) Lance. Is there much game on the BLM land? Have fun and let us know how thing are going. Alway remember the camera.

klrockin
01-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Everet this area in Wyo is full of game my 2008 hunting season was fantastic caught 7 pound cutthroats in the morning killed a 6 point bull elk before lunch and finished the day up with a heavy 4 point mule deer and couldn't count the squirrels , rabbits, and chuckers I saw that day talk about get-er-done

everetkhorton
01-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Lance:
Sounds like a good place to start then.;)

Ken S.
01-24-2010, 12:34 PM
...if I only had a hawk

Actually I was thinking... how about "if you only had a guest house"!! ha ha. Wyoming is beautiful, I'd love to be out there. I spent a few weeks there fishing, hiking, etc. and absolutely loved it. Maybe some day I'll be able to talk my wife into moving out there but until then... I'll look forward to your pictures.

BigJerHoods
01-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Don't threaten to move there! He won't send photos.:D

klrockin
01-24-2010, 06:03 PM
unfortunately i'am stuck in Barrow Alaska until the 10th of Feb but if you go to you tube and type in Dubois Wyo. there are some great videos of home I have seen them all three or for times. did I mention how home sick I am but on a positive note the sun is up for the 3rd day inn a row so maybe I can get a photo of the snowy owl that occasionally flies by this window but I am not going out side to do tho it Brrrrr -35 right now. plenty of room I have a mother in laws apartment and you couldn't find a better fishing/hunting guide. Jeremy you are a true artiest

Chris L.
01-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Lance,

Welcome to NAFEX. Thanks for the great introduction.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.

all the best

Chris

BigJerHoods
01-25-2010, 03:21 AM
Jeremy you are a true artiest

Thanks Lance. I love what I do. I have been to your home town, and I can understand why you are homesick. Sorry about your cabin fever...makes mine feel not so bad. LOL Living on an island in AK get's a little old, but at least the sun shines every day...sort of. Welcome to Nafex!

klrockin
01-25-2010, 05:13 AM
thank you chris this is a fantastic site sorry I haven't spoke up sooner but I just couldn't take it any longer after reading almost every thread and understanding what i am getting my self into threw all the disappointments of lost birds and the hard road that lays ahead of me to the glorious first flights of apprentices and their birds I am still over powered by the thought of actually sharing my time with a magnificent bird of prey and can 't wait to share my trials and tribulations with you all.

klrockin
01-25-2010, 05:20 AM
Jeremy thank you for the understanding, counting the days till I am home, it's so nice to find a niche in this world where you love what you do and many others as I have read love what you do as well" I will have several of you hoods count on it."

Flatwater Falconer
01-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Actually I was thinking... how about "if you only had a guest house"!! ha ha. Wyoming is beautiful, I'd love to be out there.

Hear, hear!

Seriously though welcome and howdy! ;)

bigbluedarter
01-25-2010, 05:02 PM
I've been to Wyoming four times, and each time it's more beautiful than the last. I'm moving somewhere out west in the summer of 2011, but haven't decided where. I've got it narrowed down to Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado or Kansas. As long as it's got jacks and some feather to hunt. Anyone have any suggestions??

klrockin
01-25-2010, 07:25 PM
my heart and home will always be in Wyo so my opinion is a little bias but we do have Jacks

klrockin
02-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Three more days of Brrrrrr cold, -29 in barrow right now but the sun is out and the sky is blue. Just got off the phone with one of my friends back home he says it's +57 and on his way to fish the river, three more days! you never no what you'll miss till its gone.

james morrisontoxic2
02-11-2010, 08:48 AM
hi and welcome to the forum