PDA

View Full Version : Lots Going on With NAFA

Flatwater Falconer
01-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi All,

If you haven't visited the new web site yet it's up and running at full speed.

Notice especially in the Member Area the Volunteer area. There are several volunteers needed presently from legal assistance to sales rep. If you have wanted to help your Association this is the spot to check.

Also wanted to make everyone aware of the Federal Register web site:

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/fr/ (http://www.gpoaccess.gov/fr/)

Here you can read up on what the feds are doing. If you notice anything pertaining to our sport or you think it might have some impact then let your NAFA director know!

Please read the President's Message. Larry Dickerson has taken over these duties now and has posted this just a few days ago.

Enjoy, and all the best,

Ted Bell
01-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I first joined NAFA in 1980 or 1981 but have not been a member for a few years due to reasons similar to those that get brought up in NAFA discussions. I tried it again for a few years ago, but not much had changed so I left again. However, it really looks like there are some good folks inside, like Donna, trying to improve things and work on the weak points, and I'm impressed by the new website and all that it represents. I think Donna's posts have convinced me to give it another try - as soon as I find a NAFA member to sign my app. I'll be sending it in, and seeing if I can't help with some of those volunteer opportunities. I'm optimistic and hoping that things really have changed.

Flatwater Falconer
01-24-2010, 04:11 PM
However, it really looks like there are some good folks inside, like Donna, trying to improve things and work on the weak points, and I'm impressed by the new website and all that it represents. I think Donna's posts have convinced me to give it another try - as soon as I find a NAFA member to sign my app. I'll be sending it in, and seeing if I can't help with some of those volunteer opportunities. I'm optimistic and hoping that things really have changed.

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the encouraging words. If I can be of any assistance let me know. Since you have been a member in the relatively recent past renewal might be stream-lined. I am going to look at the web site and see if there's an option to renew if membership has lapsed. Back shortly . . .

Flatwater Falconer
01-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Doesn't appear to be a tab for your particular situation. Ted, you may have to go ahead and print out an application and send it in. I suggest making the notation that you have been a member but had let it lapse.

If you have a paypal account you might try accessing a renewal type scenario from that area. I don't so couldn't check from that spot. Let me know how it goes.

All the best,

Ted Bell
01-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the help - sent a PM.

KidK
01-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Ted is correct.. Donna does a fantastic job. Kudos to you Donna!clapp

I have to say as well, that Dianne Moller, the Great Lakes director, is working her tail off for the members in the Great Lakes region.

Regular e-mails, phone calls and super communication about meets and other events..:D

Flatwater Falconer
01-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Dianne Moller is an inspiration to me. She is an exemplary regional director!