PDA

View Full Version : Immature Harris Hawk - Colored Pencil

buteoflyer2000
08-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Here is my latest drawing of a male immature Harris Hawk. You can go to my web sites if you would like a copy of it on shirts, posters, mousepads and more.

www.cafepress.com/artfromnature go to Birds>Birds of Prey

The piece was done using colored pencils on art paper.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/parabuteo_photos/ImmatureHarrisHawkmedium-2.jpg

Jimmy
08-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Excellent job, Kathie!

KidK
08-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Whoa!

Nice work Kathie.. Other than poor subject matter (slow, ugly Harris hawks) it is really a nice piece.

You are a very talanted artist.

everetkhorton
08-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Kaathie:
Nice work. HH are nice birds. You have to be carefull you might have
to much fun flying them.

stewbutter
08-14-2007, 12:47 AM
WOW!!!!! thats nice You should be an artist. [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] [smilie=eusa_clap.gif]

wesleyc6
08-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Hey Kory,
THat isn't a regular HH, that is a Collins Harris Hawk. They are rumors of it becoming a separate sub species. The only way you can spot one is as it passes a lowly goshawk on the way up a jack rabbits back [smilie=icon_pray.gif]

KidK
08-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey Kory,
THat isn't a regular HH, that is a Collins Harris Hawk. They are rumors of it becoming a separate sub species. The only way you can spot one is as it passes a lowly goshawk on the way up a jack rabbits back [smilie=icon_pray.gif]

Geezzzss Wes, with so many HH fliers here, I am suprised it took so long for someone to come to their defense. [smilie=dontknow.gif] So much for rallying the troops! Must be deep down, they all know that goshawks are better than Harris Hawks[smilie=icon_thumright.gif] and they just can't admit it!

Oh, we all know how to tell them "Collins HH's" apart from the rest.. they get their warmed meals served to them on a silver platter in their new, swanky, high class, big as Texas, chambers while the goshawks are out earning their keep, even in 20° below Michigan winters that would make a "Collins HH's" want to sleep in the house.. [smilie=eusa_doh.gif]

Now, just invite me down when you start finding a few coveys of quail and we will let our birds race! Ha!

wesleyc6
08-24-2007, 05:24 PM
It took me a while to see it is all. [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif]

Harris Hawks are like an older more settled Goshawk [smilie=smileys13.gif] You know, not quite as fast, but still catch most of the same stuff and don't still think they can eat you too. [smilie=icon_toilet.gif]

I would love to have you down to hunt some. I don't know about the quail, but I am tellin' you I would like to see that Goose hawk work over some of our pheasants. The invite is open, and when you want to come down, just call and give me the dates.