PDA

View Full Version : New member in NC

Savage6300
02-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Hey, Im pretty much just curious about falconry. Ive always been intrigued with it and would like to know more, hopefully someday I can own my own bird. Right now my situation is a little unpredictable. I recently separated from the Marine Corps and am working as a mechanic while my wife completes her clinicals, and then I would like to go to college or police academy. At that point, we will either move home to Michigan or stay here in NC, so Im not sure that getting into an apprenticeship is a smart move now as I will only be where I am for another six months or so. Anyways, I am looking forward to learning more about these amazing animals!

everetkhorton
02-13-2010, 03:25 PM
(welc) We need to have a name on all post, first name will do. There is a lot of good reading on this site. Are you from Michigan?

NCFalconer
02-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Welcome Alex. And thanks for your service in the USMC.

There is a NC state falconry club which has a good website you can check out: http://www.ncfalconersguild.org/

If you want more info you can contact one of the officers by email and they can put you in touch with local falconers.

Ted Bell
02-15-2010, 07:35 PM
What part of NC are you in? You might be able to hook up with some local guys/girls to go out for a couple of hunts before the end of the season.

Savage6300
02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I am living in Sneads Ferry, right outside of Camp Lejeune. Originally Im from Lowell, MI, which is near Grand Rapids. Ive really been enjoying reading through the forums on this site, and Id love to do some hunting with someone and see what this is all about. Lol Id love to trick the wife into coming out too, shes pretty clueless about falconry, she thinks I pulled it out of thin air one night. Im gonna need her on board before I start knocking out walls to build mews.

james morrisontoxic2
02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
hi and welcome to the forum