PDA

View Full Version : Apprentice Falconer from Northeast Georgia

Gregg Hake
02-14-2010, 09:39 PM
I am a first year apprentice in Dahlonega, Georgia. My brother-in-law, Zach Travers, and I trapped our first red-tailed hawks last fall and have had a blast ever since!

Zach trapped a male named Heath and mine is a female named Lexi. Our sponsor, Buster Brown, told us that the male and female birds have very different personalities and as usual...he was right. Heath is quick, impulsive and quirky, while Lexi is stategic, a brush crasher and stoic.

My uncle just passed his written test and plans to trap next season. Another brother-in-law of mine and a good friend are also studying for the test. Buster calls us the "Dahlonega boys" and I must admit, we're getting a kick out of the sport.

Zach and I recently launched a blog on falconry. Check it out: http://hawkheaven.wordpress.com. We're looking forward to getting to know you and sharing thoughts, stories, questions, etc.

allterrainwarrior
02-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Gregg- Congrats on your new hawk. I have fond memories of dahlonaga and will be back there later on this year. Tell Buster Jonny from Columbus said Hello, Your in good hands. Happy Hawking!

musaegy
02-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey everyone, I'm Zach - the first year apprentice referenced above. I've been reading NAFEX for a little while now, and hopefully I can begin to contribute a bit. I've already learned a lot here. Thanks for hosting a great forum!

thunderheartiii
02-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Hey guys, glad to see you all on NAFEX and look forward to reading about your hawking stories.

everetkhorton
02-15-2010, 09:33 AM
(welc)Gregg!

Gregg Hake
02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Will do, Jonny! And thanks for the welcome. You'll have to stop by when you're in town.

Gregg Hake
02-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Thank you, Everet. Where's Pentwater? I went to school in Ann Arbor and lived in Birmingham, near Detroit, during high school.

james morrisontoxic2
02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
hi and welcome to the forum

Gregg Hake
02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Thank you, James.